I had some contractions during the night and woke up around 5:30 having some as well. This didn't get me too excited since the same thing had happened the previous 2 mornings. However when I got up and started getting ready for the day these ones didn't go away and they stayed pretty strong. So around 7:30 we called our wonderful neighbor to come over and we went over the details for the boys. (And to make a funny story I cut up some pork chops that I had bought and put them in the freezer, I knew I should have done it earlier.)
We got all settled in the hospital by 8:30 and I measured a 6/7. My contractions weren't too bad at this point and I said I wanted to go natural. As we progressed my contractions stayed too far apart to get things going like we wanted so at 10:30 I was at a 8 and the Dr. came in and broke my water. This helped a bit, but we really were done waiting for this baby and by the time 12:30 rolled around I wanted some more help, so they gave me some pitosin. This helped bring the contractions closer together and get stonger. So around 1:30 we started pushing and Christopher arrived at 1:58 pm, weighing 8 lbs 10 oz and measuring 21 inches in length.
I did make it going natural, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The last hour was defiantly tiring and painful, but doable. We're both doing well now. Christopher had to have some help with his glucose levels like the boys, but we were able to come home just 24 hours after delivery. It's good to be home.
Damon had just woken up from a nap (which he never takes anymore) when I got home and wanted nothing to do with the baby. But after he woke up he didn't want to leave him and offered to give Christopher his blanket to help keep him warm. Tyler asks to hold him, but is a little bit rough, we'll have to work on being soft.
We've almost made it through the first night. He slept from 9:30 pm to 1 am, after being fed was then up until 3. I fed him again at 3 and now is wimpering on and off, but still sleeping at 6 am. Oh boy, the joys of newborns. My parents are coming tomorrow - wait today:) It will be good to have some help and have someone to show off our cute baby to.
Well, if you made it through my journal entry above congrats - now here are some pics so far of the newest member of our family.
Sunday- the day before the delivery. I figured I should have one picture to document my big belly.
7 comments:
You chose the same background as me. :) That's funny.
Sleeping from 9:30 to 1 AM is not too bad. I didn't get that with Linus until he was probably 3 or 4 months old (that kid was going to be the death of me). But up for two hours in the middle of the night is no fun. I remember that Claire used to do that and it goes away pretty fast.
Way to go with natural. I used to think I'd never want to do it and I'm overall happy that I got an epidural with my first two, but I think I might try natural next time because I have such a miserable recovery coming off the epidural. Besides, I'm hopeful that my next one will be fast like Claire was. Linus was a bum deal since my water broke and I had to be on a pit drip for hours. I was planning on natural with him but ended up with the epidural because it took longer.
You look cute in that picture with the curly hair and belly. :)
Congrats! Yay! I can't believe he is here. And all that hair! What a doll!
oh my goodness you have been busy! I haven't read your xmas posts yet, I love the gingerbread airplane! And what a fun xmas you guys had. Your new boy is so darling and I love the hair! You look great! And congrats on going natural. I hope to achieve that with my next one. I heard that if you can handle three kids you can do anything! So, congrats on becoming Super Woman! Have fun with that little newborn!
C'Anne - it's great to catch up with you! Congratulations on your cute baby - I'm glad everything went well with the birth! I can't believe how much dark hair he has already! What a cutie.
What a cutie!!! I can't wait to have my little one to hold. I can't believe it is my turn next! Congrats on making it through natural! What a woman you are!
He's so cute. I can't believe how much hair he has. We are so happy for you. Hope everyone is adjusting well and your able to recover. It takes longer to recover with each child. You get less rest.
Take Care,
Annie
way to go on the natural thing... tough, but doable. Your baby is better for it I think.
Post a Comment