Well, I'm finally getting to Christmas. We did our own thing at home again this year. For Christmas Eve I asked Doug what he wanted to have for dinner and he requested French Toast - so that was a fun change. We read the scripture story and sang some song . We also opened a new family game: The Cat in the Hat, I can do that. It was pretty fun, but pretty easy - we'll have to make a few alterations to make it more challenging.
I baked all week to have things ready for Christmas day - so I didn't have to spend all day in the kitchen. We had muffins in the morning and a ham dinner later with rolls, mashed potatoes, cranberry jello, creamed beans, carrots and pumpkin pie and cheesecake for dessert. I also made banana slush, peppernuts, peanut brittle and penuche for treats.
One thing we did differently this year is wait to put all of the presents under the tree until Christmas Eve, after the kids are asleep -so they wake up to all of their presents. My family usually had some presents under the tree so you could shake them etc. But this made it fun to see them all at once. Here's our tree:

They got into their socks first.

Santa brought a Lego set and a T-Rex Dinosaur Train talking figure for Damon.


Tyler got the Dinosaur Train from Santa.

It was a fun day, Doug was able to stay home from work which was great and we just enjoyed opening presents and then playing with the boys all day. Some toys didn't hold their interest as long as we would have hoped, but they still liked all of their presents.
Here's a quick run down for the record:
I got some new clothes, apron, biscuit/cookie cutters, bubble bath, hair clips, Music and Lyrics, and the soundtrack to Hairspray - thanks Doug. (I also got a bunch of stuff from my mom that we got later when we went up to visit. The main thing was my new boots - I love them. They were quite pricey but I think they will be worth it, and hopefully last forever - Thanks mom).

Damon's pile - besides the stuff from Santa the other main things were a camera and clothes from us and a Lego set and walkie talkies from Grandmas.

Tyler is about the same, camera and clothes from us, Lego set and play doh set from Grandmas.

I didn't take a picture of Doug's or Christopher's stuff. Doug got a nice watch, some clothes, some tools, and an outdoor thermometer since our old one had died. Chris got some clothes, CastleMarble works from us, a peekaboo toy and train cars from Grandmas. He got some Dinosaur Train figures from Santa, but of course Damon and Tyler play with them more than he does :).



We also got Cootie for a family game.



It was a fun Lego day for all the boys, including Doug. He got out his big set and built it again, so this is a picture of all the Legos we have right now - I'm sure we'll get more :).

Merry Christmas. This Blog was basically about the presents so I can remember, but I am grateful for the Christmas season to focus more on our Savior and to be able to spend time with family. I love the traditions we have and listening to Christmas music. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment