So I didn't take any pictures the week after our trip, guess it was just back to normal life with lots of laundry. I did take Chris to the orthodontist just to let them know where we stand. On Chris's last x-ray we could tell that one of his lateral incisors is coming in turned sideways, so that will need to be taken care of at some point.
Damon and Tyler also had some blood work done. Our pediatricion has them do a basic lab when they turn 11. I never did it for Damon, so we had them both do it together. Damon got a bit light headed and had to lay down for a bit, but he was fine after 20 minutes. We went and saw the dollar movie after that.
Monday July1 the girls and I got a hair cut! Jenna was going to cut hers short, but then decided to go with just below her sleeve. Then Kaylee wanted to go short too, but then decided on the same length as Jenna. I would have been ok with Jenna going short, but I would have missed Kaylee's long hair. Kaylee took off quite a bit, but it looks so much better now.
Kaylee:
After:
Jenna:
After:
I got a small trim myself to round out my layers, but I didn't lose much length.
We were invited to a neighbors house for FHE treat and swimming. I was feeling patriotic at the beginning but by the end I wondered why I chose to make decorated sugar cookies! Such a mess! But they turned out cute and the girls had fun helping with the sprinkles.
Tuesday July 3rd our neighbors were out doing fireworks, so we joined them with our sparklers and snaps. We didn't buy any this year, they were left over from last year. You can see how much we don't really get into fireworks. But the kids enjoyed watching our neighbors light off some of theirs. They had some rockets that went high and then the stick part would fall down, the kids would follow it and try and find it.
Wednesday the 4th of July.The ward decided last minute to do a pancake breakfast. Doug went early to help and do the flag ceremony. I still went and worked out and then put my muffins in the oven that I had prepped the night before. It was fun to visit with the ward. It was raining on and off, and really started to pour by the time it was time to leave. So all the parades were canceled. We came back and played poison ball and then went to another friends for hamburgers and swimming.
I was busy and made a Kale salad, veggie tray and dip, rolo drops, and I brought some kid drinks. We were grateful that the rain stopped just in time for dinner and swimming.
One of the families in the ward is moving and they wanted to do a temple trip before they left. These are three good friends of Damon's: Aiden Chandler, Isaac Smith, and Drew Shurtliff.




No comments:
Post a Comment