Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, April 25, 2021

April 18 - 24th New ward boundaries and new sectional

 So on Tuesday the 13th we were asked to visit with Pres. Smith, the 2nd counselor of the Stake Presidency.  We found out then that they were adding a new ward to our stake and changing the ward boundaries.  Our family would be changing wards and Doug was asked to be the 2nd counselor in our new ward bishopric.  It was so hard to tell anyone.  On Thursday evening the Stake President sent out an email inviting everyone to zoom in to a meeting to announce the changes on Sunday evening. 

So Sunday we went to the meeting, we were asked to be in person so that the new bishoprics could be seen on camera.  Our ward is going to be great, they took enough of our old ward to give us some people we know and the rest of the ward is our community neighborhood.  Some of the changes have made people upset.  They have added some of the richer neighborhoods with the older neighborhoods and they have to travel more to reach them.  But those old wards have been struggling so I hope that the new mix will strengthen them and that it will all work out.  President Myers bore testimony of the process and how they felt this change was the only way that was confirmed by the Spirit. 

We are the ward in blue in the middle: Harmony Ward, with Bishop Sproat and Bridger Ashton as the 1st counselor. We waited for quite awhile on Sunday after the meeting to get everyone set apart and ordained, but it gave us a chance to visit and get to know each other. 313 members, 89 households, around 25 YM, 30 YW, and I think around 100 in primary. 


The girls were being silly putting on 10+ pairs of socks. 
Jenna and Kaylee are such good friends, I'm so blessed to have them. 
It was a good baking week, I made wheat bread, brown sugar oat muffins (my new favorite) and texas sheet cake.  

Damon is growing his hair out, it was going wild this day.  He usually wears it more slicked down with gel. 

So the other story for this week is our new couch.  We ordered a sectional back in February and they said that it would be 4-6 weeks.  Well, then they said it wouldn't arrive until May.  Then mid April I got a text saying we could schedule our delivery for this week.  We scheduled it for Tuesday the 20th.  The delivery guys came and started carrying it upstairs.  They all spoke Spanish and not very much English. The main guy tried to tell me that one of the pieces got damaged in the truck and asked if they could bring a replacement tomorrow.  He asked if I wanted the damaged one brought up and then switch it will the new one when it came.  Well, I thought that if a new one was coming tomorrow why should I have them carry a heavy couch up and down my stairs for just one day.  So I said they could take the damaged one away and I could wait for the new one.  I was nervous that they didn't have one in stock - since it had taken 2 months to get this couch.  I asked him to call and see if they did have one in stock.  He talked to someone in spanish and said that they did have one and that they would reach out to me to schedule the delivery.  

Well, I still didn't feel good about that so I called the store and the lady said that another one wasn't going to be available for 2-3 weeks!  I was so mad! Mostly because I had been lied to, and because I should have accepted the damaged one, but I thought I was being nice to save them a trip up the stairs.  I talked to the lady on the phone asking if she could call the truck back or have them delivery the damaged one the next day.  She was so without feeling and had no customer service.  She said there was nothing they could do and would let me know when the new one would be available.  I was so mad I was in tears.  I called Doug and told him what had happened.  He stopped by the store on his way home and talked to the manager.  The next day the store called him back and told us that we could get a new one on Friday.  

So on Friday morning we got the other section and 3 pillows.  We had discovered that the first delivery had forgotten to give us the 2 pillows that went with the part that they gave us.  So as of right now we have our sectional, but we are still missing 2 pillows.  So hopefully they will give those to us soon.  Sigh, such a hassle to get this all sorted out.  But we like the couch.  The coloring is a little off now, the couch is gray and the walls are brown.  If I ever feel up to it I'll paint the walls gray or blue.  


No comments: