Yay! We now have bunk beds for Damon and Tyler. We have had these on our wish list for awhile, but now we decided to get them. I went around with all three boys looking at the four furniture stores in town (no small task) to price check and look at models. There were some nice ones, but then I looked again online and found a store that had a nice one on sale with free shipping. So we ordered it. I again went around to the furniture stores with Tyler and Chris to look at mattresses and bought a pair of twins once Doug had looked at them too.
So here is the process:
It came in 3 big boxes that were very heavy. After the boys went to bed in the living room, Doug and I started in their room (9:00pm). Doug's drill battery didn't last long, so we had to screw all of the support beams in the bottom bunk by hand. We were grateful when the battery was charged for the second one.
The boys had fun sleeping in the living room.




Damon helped tighten the very last screw in the ladder.

All done! We finished about 12:00 midnight, but didn't stack them and make the ladder until the next morning.

Then we made the drawers, they are so nice. Now I can fit Chris's things in the dresser.

After we got the mattresses on I could make the beds, don't they look nice?!



The boys like them.
No comments:
Post a Comment