We went to my grandma Datwyler's for the main dinner on Thanksgiving. We had quite a big crew this year. It was fun to see my cousins and get together with family. The rest of the weekend was basically a chance to visit with my immediate family. Richard and Tannie came over every evening to play games. We played Porto Rico, Band Hero, card games, Killer Bunnies and had lots of fun. We stayed up probably too late, but hey we don't see each other very often.
I went shopping with my mom the day after thanksgiving and got a lot done. I found my perfect pair of boots - they were unfortunately NOT on sale. They will hopefully last a very long time and make the price worth it. I also found a cute sweater that was on sale :). We found most of the toys and clothes gifts for cousins and had fun shopping in general. We went at the perfect time, the early bird crowds had gone and the later shoppers hadn't come yet. So we didn't have to wait in too long of lines.
I also went and saw the new Harry Potter movie with my mom and sister-in-law. It was very good. Very close to the book. Now we're all excited for the last one.
Doug was great to let me do all of these fun things. He got to do a little bit of shopping while I took the boys to the Fun Park (see pictures). The boys had fun and they each got to play one arcade game.
We decided to leave Sunday morning (not go to church) to avoid the snow storm. I-15 was slushy and slick in parts, but after Heber and Daniel's canyon it was perfectly dry. We're always glad to visit, but also always glad to be back home too. I'm so thankful that I have such a wonderful family - thanks for letting us visit and play.


No comments:
Post a Comment