Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Friday, August 24, 2012

Trip back to Utah

 So Wednesday August 15 we loaded up the Van and headed back to Utah.  I was up feeding the girls around 4:00 am and I just stayed up to finish getting things ready -last minute packing and making lunches etc.  It was a good thing I did since we still barely left by 8:45 am.  It took us 10 hours, 8 hours of driving and 2 hours worth of stops.  The first bit was hard, then we got into a driving groove.  The boys watched some movies and listened to stories.  The girls did better on the way back than on the way.  They didn't eat very well outside in the wind.  We switched Christopher to sit behind Doug so we had one baby separating Tyler and Damon - that helped.  The worst was just Christopher's screaming.  At the end of each trip he was just done and screamed at whatever he wanted.  But anyway, we made it finally.  If you had asked us if we were coming back for Christmas right then, we might have said no, but I'm sure we'll make the trip again. :)

So we spent 2 night at my parents house.  The boys had fun playing with their cousins, since my brother and his family was there too.  They played outside, in the hot tub, at parks, and just had fun with grandma and grandpa. 

 I met up with one of my school friends growing up, good to see you Audrey. 

 My mom invited some friends and family over to see the girls.  This was so they could say hi, and not have to drive up to the blessing in Bear Lake. 
 I got to see Doug's parents for the first time in 2 years.  They enjoyed their mission in South Africa.  They hadn't seen Chris since he was 7 mo.  So it was good for them to see our grown up family. 
 We drove up to Bear Lake on Friday to participate in the Petersen Family reunion.  This was after I fed the girls, they were being smiley. 
Kaylee / Jenna


No comments: