Well, we finally got in to see the Dr. and they are doing great. They have had a cold for the last month is seems and it got to their ears a bit - but not enough to give them any medicine. Jenna now weighs 18 lbs 4 oz, and Kaylee weighs 18 lbs 1 oz. Still small but at the 20% now which is better than 2% where they where. (Chris weighed 18 lbs 8 oz at 4 months!) Jenna gets around and is starting to want to kneel up to things. Both of them don't want to stand, so I think it will be awhile before walking happens. Lots of dirty knees - guess we should clean our carpet. Kaylee started crawling today! Yah! Crazy to think that a 1 year old is barely crawling - but I just have to remember they are on their own time table. Kaylee is very sociable and will laugh at whatever people are saying. Jenna said ma-ma on their birthday and gave me a kiss, it was super sweet. They both can jabber and try to copy what we say. They love one song I sing to them and can do some of the actions. Jenna has 4 teeth now and Kaylee has 3, with her other top one almost coming in. They love it when Doug comes home and give him big smiles and laughs.
We get looks from everyone when we go out and everyone says how cute they are. We think so too!
 |
| Kaylee |
 |
| Jenna |
 |
| 1 year - May |
 |
| 11 months - April |
 |
| 10 months - March |
 |
| 9 months - February |
 |
| 8 months - January |
 |
| 7 months - December |
 |
| 6 months - November |
 |
| 5 months - October |
 |
| 4 months - September |
 |
| 3 months - August |
 |
| 1 month - June |
I stopped pumping on May 9th!!!!! It was a year and a week. It has been so nice to not have to do that any more. The girls are doing great on whole milk, and I still am nursing them in the morning but that's all - and I will probably be done with that in a week or so.
Here are a few statistics just for fun:
1 year of pumping is approximately:
6 x 365 = 1095 pumpings
= 10950 oz
= 1369 cups
= 86 gallons in a year
= 7 gallons / month
= ~ 2 gallons a week
= 1 quart a day
Bottles:
Average of 5 bottle feedings per day
= 10 bottles per day
= 76 per week
= 304 per month
= 3650 bottles that we washed in a year
We are still using bottles, but using the dishwasher now since there are not so many!
1 comment:
I love the carseat pictures - those are my favorite. They sure are adorable dolls!
Way to go on the pumping C'Anne - I mean it. That is so dedicated and you did amazing!!
Post a Comment