Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween

 I couldn't decide on which pictures, so you get a bunch.  Some fun ones in the leaves:





Kaylee


Jenna
 We decorated pumkins for FHE.  My mom sent us a new Halloween book that came with this pumpkin named Spookly.  Damon liked it so much he wanted to carve his pumpkin like it.  He even slept with it that night.  I have to remember he is still a little boy sometimes.
 Tyler is smiling weird to try and show his vampire teeth.


 I was able to help at Tyler's Halloween party.  They do a breakfast which I think is a great idea.  It was fun to see all the costumes and help out.  This is his friend Jacob.
 Tyler's 1st grade class:
 Damon as Obi Won Kanobi and his friend Dalton.
 I couldn't get a very good picture of the girls, Jenna never holds still - ever.  Note the cute butterfly hair-bows that I made.
 They didn't like having wings on.


 Robin, Batman, and Obi Won - in case you couldn't tell.   Damon was going to be Batman as well, but then changed his mind.  He was Obi Wan two year ago, but I'm glad that it still fit pretty well.
 The red in Kaylee's mouth is a piece of candy, not blood - Tyler was concerned.

I handed out candy with the girls and Doug took the boys around.  They didn't stay out too long, back in time to help put everyone to bed.  Thankfully Chris took a nap earlier so he was pretty happy while trick -or-treating.  It was really cold and windy, so that probably made their outing shorter.  Jenna was excited to answer the door with me.  She would run over every time the doorbell rang.  Then she would be sad when I closed the door and she couldn't go out.  They both started saying bye-bye at the end of the night when the kids would leave.  It was pretty cute.  

Our ward had their Chili Cook-off the day after Halloween. I didn't take any pictures.  It was pretty chaotic.  The girls were good to stay in the stroller while we ate then we let them wander the halls for a bit.  Then it was time to Trunk or Treat.  Doug handed out candy.  Damon and Tyler were good to follow the line on their own.  I was trying to chase both girls who wanted to just run everywhere.  A brother in the ward was good to ask if I needed help.  He carried Jenna and I held Kaylee so I could follow Chris around the sidewalk.  As soon as Chris was done we buckled up the girls and high-tailed it out of there.  The girls were very done and had not slept well the previous night (neither had we :) ).  Doug and I sometimes wonder why we go to these activities.  The kids don't eat the food well and it seems like more effort than reward.  But I guess it is good to support the ward and the kids did seem to have a pretty good time.  I'm just glad that Halloween is once a year. 


No comments: