Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Toy Room

 So I wanted to turn our office/guest room into a toy room/office.  We moved the bed downstairs - we don't get many visitors so I don't think it will be missed much.  Then I found this entertainment center/shelving unit on craigslist.  I really wanted to find something that could hold all of our games and puzzles and entertainment centers are deeper than book shelves, so it worked really well.  I also found this toy box on craigslist.  It was painted a bright aqua green and teal - which was fun and playful, but I wanted something more simple - and it was scratched up a bunch and needed a new paint job anyway.  So this project was a bit more time consuming than I thought.  I had to paint the white 3 times and I sanded in between each layer (just lightly).  I had a hard time decided on what accent color to choose, it was between this blue, a burgundy red, or a yellow.  I like how the blue turned out.  You can't really see it, but there is an indentation around the fake blue drawers and I painted a darker blue in the groove, it adds some depth.  So now we have a nice place to put those random toys that don't fit on a shelf very well.  I had bought these metal cube things in Vernal at the D.I. I had them separated and in the boys' closets.  So I rearranged their closets and brought most of the toys down here, so now their rooms don't get as messy.  We just left the train table and the animals in Tyler and Chris's room.  Yea for organization - and making room for more toys come Christmas time.





No comments: