Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, February 1, 2015

New Park and other stuff

This week at play group we went to a new park, it was really neat.  They had a lot of picnic areas and two playgrounds.  There also were some nature trails to explore.  I had brought lunch so my three were good to go check it out after we ate - everyone else went home to eat.  




 Lots of TALL trees, very different climate and vegetation here.  Pretty cool.  We haven't seen much wildlife.  We saw a lizard at the aquarium last week and I actually saw two vultures picking at some road kill a couple of days ago, that was pretty cool (kind of gross too I guess).
 I've been going through my saved treasures - mementos - and souvenirs.  I've taken lots of pictures of stuff and then thrown it out or I have decided to use them.  My mom gave me two embroidered dish towels a long time ago, so it's time to use them.
 I had delivered dinner to a friend and had used my bread pan.  I really wanted to make a full batch of bread so I made a round loaf, it was kind of cute.
 I also got to watch a 3 month old this week.  It was fun at first, she was happy and smiling at me.  Then she got tired and fussy.  She didn't sleep long then woke up hungry and grumpy.  I am glad that I am done with the baby phase.  Babies are a lot of fun and very cute, but a lot of work.  The girls loved her though.  Chris too was huddled around the car-seat making faces and getting the baby to smile.  It was cute.

First time doing two full french braids.  They almost lasted two days.  

I had my first meeting for being 2nd counselor in the Primary.  It was a bit overwhelming especially with all the scout info.  I've been 2nd counselor before, but it's been awhile and I didn't have to do much with scouting in that ward.  I conducted today and that was fine.  I tried to memorize kids' names as I sat up front.  

Not much else going on.  Just normal school and house stuff.  (a word about school- A lot of moms here are frustrated with Texas schooling.  They test way too much and too advanced.  Our kids are stressed about tests and their self esteem is dropping when they don't do well.  Damon is having a hard time.  His confidence is way down.  He is a great student and it is so hard to see him struggle with some topics.  I hope will be ok.)

2 comments:

Hmachine said...

What part of Texas are you in? We lived in Amarillo area for a few years and Dallas area for a few years. Hang in there with the schools. MOVING is hard. MOVING in the middle of a school year is harder. It takes a while for the kids to learn the new system and how different teachers/schools work. I'm sure your kids will be fine. It's just hard to transition. Hope you enjoy TX!

chanel said...

Oh man! Im amazed you are already babysitting and baking bread for people!!! You are incredible!! AMEN to what you said about the baby stage. Double edged sword there!

And I know new schools and districts' ways make everything harder. Damon is so smart, you just keep building him up and he'll be fine! It does take a long time to get used to everything.

Love ya girl!!
I know we weren't real tight, but I KNOW what it feels like to be away and I'll just pop in every now and then to let you know we love you and miss you!