Sun. February 1st - didn't realize it was the Super Bowl. I don't get into it that much, but I usually make some finger food or chicken wings or something. We managed with popcorn and caramel popcorn. That seemed to keep everyone happy. Doug couldn't get the internet streaming on the TV so we watched on the laptop. I actually didn't watch much at all this year - but Doug and I watched some of the ads on YouTube later.
Having fun with the Zip Track
We went to the Children's Museum for play group on the 4th. I ended up getting a membership because I think it will be a good place to go when it is too hot or rainy. It's a smaller museum, not the big one downtown. Jenna loved driving the car and playing with the rice.Chris liked the fish and the water table
Kaylee roamed a lot- it's hard to keep up with 3 kids at a place like this. I was glad it was smaller and I knew they weren't too far away if I couldn't see them.
We also checked out the library for the first time and went to story time. It was pretty full and the parking was crazy - I was lucky to find someone pulling out so I could get a spot. I soooo miss our Firestone library. This one is ok, but nothing compared to that one. But I will say that it was cool that the guy doing story time would play his guitar and lead us in a song in between each story.
It was a busy week like all others. I went to scouts with Damon on Tuesday. I am over Cub Scouts as the 2nd counselor so I went to check on the dens. Wednesday was book group. We talked about The Scarlet Pimpernel. Great book - I would recommend it to anyone. Thursday we fed the missionaries and I had a primary presidency meeting. And Saturday, Doug and I shopped at Lowe's in the morning and got a lamp, rug, shelves, and some other stuff. (a neighbor had offered to watch our kids and we took them up on it) Our house is slowly coming together.
Funny story about our house. In the kitchen we couldn't get our light over the sink to turn on. We tried a new light bulb and finally asked the builder. Turns out that they tiled over the light switch. So they had an electrician come and chisel out a tile and hook up the light switch, then a week later another guy came to put in a new tile and finished it. So now we have a light switch to our sink light. :) They really build these houses way too fast - we have found so many things that are just not done very well. Oh well, it's ok - but you think that people could care just a bit more and do a better job.
Our Walmart has a riding bull ;)
Sunday the 8th we ate dinner at the Rands' house. We had personal pizzas that were very tasty. I brought some fruit and tried a new cookie recipe. Similar to homemade Oreos, but made with red velvet cake mix and piped to form a heart - they were a cute pre-Valentine's day treat. It was fun to visit with their family and get to know them more.
Play group this last week was at a park in the Woodlands - it is by a small lake (probably man-made). But the kids liked feeding the ducks and the playground was a fun set up. They also had Blue Kentucky grass!!! This is a big deal out here. Our yard and most places have this really coarse St. Augustine grass that is pokey with thick blades, but I'm sure it holds up better in the heat. I'm curious to see how this park does in the summer - they must water a ton if the grass stays green.
So -- Jenna keeps getting up in the night, sometimes twice. We wondered if it was because Kaylee was bumping her or something since they have been sharing a bed. So we put their crib mattresses on the floor and put the queen on Craigslist. We would keep it for later, but we really don't have any place to store it. The girls like to jump on it now. I try to keep them on their knees at least. Jenna has slept through the night twice now, but has gotten up a couple of times too. We keep hoping she can break through this habit. She only wants me as well. I guess Doug was up with her for 40 minutes last night and being the stubborn girl that she is she wouldn't lay down without seeing mom first. Doug finally gave up and woke me up so I could get her to go to sleep. Silly girl.
I talked with Damon's teacher this week and got a better feel on things. Damon is doing better and I think is getting the hang of the new school. I took Tyler to an orthodontist this week as well. He needs work done, so we are shopping for a doctor. I have an appt with another one on Tuesday and then we will probably decide between the two. Relief Society was on Wednesday. It was a fun meeting on eating healthy, green smoothies, and some exercise instruction at the end. There was a good turn out. I went to Round Table on Thursday evening and had Scout committee meeting on Saturday. Scouts is good, but I feel that it will be a big time commitment. Doug and I went shopping again Saturday morning - paid for a baby sitter this time. We just looked at different furniture stores. We are looking for a small love seat, an end table, some tall lamps, and a kitchen bench. We found a few things we liked, but didn't buy anything. We'll keep looking and hopefully find the perfect ones.
We had a sad experience with our Valentine's this year. I bought some sticky hands from Oriental Trading and thought it would be fun for the kids to give those out instead of candy. Well, of course they wanted to play with them. So I let them have some and I was busy helping with homework and writing names on the Valentines and so I wasn't watching them play with them. Well, let me tell you to never have your walls painted with flat paint. We now have sticky hand marks on our walls in multiple places and it will not come off. And if you try to clean it too hard it just rubs the paint off. We already had a small experience with this with some spilled milk. It stained the wall and then Doug tried to clean it and just rubbed the paint off. I am so mad and the builders for not using a gloss paint - who wants to have every little mark on their walls be permanent? You have to be able to wash your walls! Anyway, I think Doug is going to ask for the color of paint and just try to touch up the stains. We would have to repaint the huge 2 1/2 story living room to totally fix it. Sigh - lesson learned - never use flat paint. I feel bad since I bought the sticky hands, but they have slapped them on our walls in previous homes and never had a problem - so how was I to know.
Saw this online somewhere and tried it out. I thought it was cute.
Wow we are already halfway through February - crazy. I feel like I am busy and doing things, but sometimes I just want to stay home. Grocery shopping and going to Walmart are never fun. Ashley - I miss our babysitting trading. I'm going to really ask around and see if anyone else would be willing to do that with me here.
We ordered a tramp two nights ago, so it should be here this week, that will be fun. I hope we can share nicely and that nobody gets hurt. :) Doug and I have started watching "24" on Netflix. We don't watch often since we are always busy - but when we have some time it has been fun to watch together.
2 comments:
We have flat paint in our house too! We have touched up many times, but it still gets dirty, scuffed, chipped way too easily. So, so frustrating! The builders in our neighborhood didn't put any insulation in a few homes in our neighborhood and really bad things like that. I agree with you on them needing to take more time and effort!
On a happier note, I love your girls' hair. You are so good at braiding! So, so cute!
What a HUGE bummer about the paint! That is super annoying and frustrating! I'm sorry! And the girl's hair is amazing!!! How cow are you talented! I saw a picture of that as well but there's no way I could do it! :) I miss our babysitting trade-offs as well!!!
Post a Comment