Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Thursday, March 5, 2015

February 16-21

On President's Day I took the kids to the Woodlands Children's Museum.  We almost didn't go.  They were being such stinkers in the morning that I made them clean the house instead.  But they got done quickly enough that we still had time to go.  It really bugs me when I tell them that we are going someplace fun and they make a big fit about not wanting to go, jeez.  




Damon had a lot of fun with this Lego station that was a special event for that day.  He built an airplane with a motor, then he was able to attach it to the computer and enter in a program that made the propeller go up and make a whirring sound when the airplane was pointed up.  Then when he pointed the airplane down the propeller would slow down and it would make a sputtering sound like it was stalling.  Pretty cool.  Of course he wants one now. :) 
After the museum we went to the park that we had been to before so Damon and Tyler could feed the ducks.  It was pretty cold, windy, and a bit rainy so we didn't stay long.  Everyone was hungry and the girls started to have meltdowns.  But once we got in the van and gave everyone their lunch to eat on the way home things got better.  Food solves all problems as I always say. 
Doug started to assemble the trampoline after dinner on Tuesday.  Of course the weather was still cold, so I felt bad for him freezing out there.  The kids have fun helping.  They got most of the bottom set up before bedtime - then Doug stayed up late and worked with a latern and headlamp to finish.  Silly boy- we could have waited another day.  
 The kids were excited though Tuesday morning when they could go try it out.
 Just a couple of shots of my cute girls.  They are growing up and their hair is getting so long.


 We have started piano lesson here at home.  I think we started the beginning of February sometime.  The boys are doing ok with me as a teacher, we'll see how long that will last.  Damon still fights the whole idea, but he is still progressing so I hope that he will stick with it.
Fun tidbit - Chris loves red cabbage.  He picks it out of the pre-packaged salads from the store.  So I bought a whole head and his eyes just lit up when he saw it.  He wanted a huge piece.  Such a funny boy.  The girls of course had to have some too.  They eat it, but I don't think they like it as much as Chris does.



 Tyler is quite a character.  This day he covered himself with sidewalk chalk during quiet time.  I brushed him off as best as I could then sent him upstairs to take a bath.  Then later in the afternoon I sent the boys outside to pick up the balls and other toys outside because it was starting to rain.   Well Tyler stayed outside and stood underneath the roof where the rain drips down and got completely soaked.  So he took another quick bath.  Kids definitely keep things interesting.


No comments: