Kaylee hasn't been sleeping in her bed lately for nap. She will put her pillow and blanket on their hard toy box and sleep there sometimes. This day she had put everything in the closet like this...
Doug finished putting together our shoe bench. Jenna went and got my old pom-poms and cheered him on. Girls are fun.
Boys on the other hand are fun too, just in a different way. The boys stuffed themselves with pillows. I'm not exactly sure what figures they were pretending to be, but they had fun punching each other in their protected stomachs.
Another thing the boys never did: want to help do the dishes. Jenna wanted a turn with the sponge with soap and she commenced to scrub a couple of dishes. It will be nice when they are older and can really help.
We went to a new park for play group this week. They had one of these roller slides. They all thought it was cool. They also had a robot thing that you could spin the nose to give it energy, then you could say something and then it would repeat it back to you. Pretty cool.
I took about 15 pictures of this pose, this was the only one with them all looking at me -pretty funny. This was a little water fountain at the park. By the time we were done both girls had taken off their socks and shoes and were wading in the water. Kaylee when in a bit deeper and got her shorts totally wet. The bummer was that we were going to the store after, so she got to go around in her diaper. It was a small consignment store so I didn't feel too bad about it.
Other highlights: Girls Night Out on Wednesday night was learning about freezer meals and we all put a chicken pot pie together. I played Bohnanza with Damon and Tyler almost every day. They asked every day, but sometimes our nights got too busy. Thursday I started a temple swap with some moms. We each will take a turn each month watching all the kids, so that they other moms can go to the temple or get things done. It was my turn to watch this last week, so I'm looking forward to a temple trip this coming week. Saturday I ran errands from 9:00-2:00, I came home hungry and tired. I was looking for house stuff at Good Will and Hobby Lobby. I found some cute things, now I just have to figure out how to put it all in the house. Then I went grocery shopping. It always amazes me of how much food we eat. I can barely fit it all in the cart as I'm walking and I need two carts to get it all out to the van. I don't know what it will be like when the boys get even older.
A weird thing happened this week with me, I couldn't breathe very well. Starting last friday I just could't take a deep breath or yawn. I could every once in a while, but it was very annoying and bit concerning. Finally by Tuesday I felt pretty bad and I wondered if I was having some sort of minor heart attack or some constriction of my lungs or something. Doug found some stretches for me to do online and they helped a bit and he had me call my brother in law Evan who is a chiropractor. He said that my syptoms seemed common for having a rib out of place and recommended that I go get adjusted. So Wednesday I made an appointment for Friday. The Dr. was nice but he didn't really see anything majorly wrong with me. They took some x-rays then gave me some 'therapy' as they called it. It consisted of a massage on my neck and upperback with some electode things. It felt really cool. Then I laid on a bed that had a roller underneath that would move along my spine in a wave motion. The Dr. adjusted me and sent me on my way. I didn't feel instantly better as I was vaguely hoping. In fact the rest of the day I was really sore and I had a headache, and I still couldn't breathe very well. Saturday was a bit better and today is a bit better as well. My back is still sore, but that may be just from other things. I'm scheduled to go in again on Monday for a follow up visit and to look at my x-rays. I really don't want to pay another $100+ just to talk to him about x-rays that probably don't show anything and get adjusted again. I might call in the morning and ask if I really have to go. So anyway, I'm glad that I'm feeling better on that, I did manage to catch Kaylee's cold that she started on Thursday. So now I have a headache and feel achy with a sore throat, yay!
So because Kaylee was sick and Jenna felt a bit warm today they didn't go to nursey. I just let them tag along with me. I was the 'rover' role today for the presdency so I figured they would be ok. They did pretty well in sharing time and singing time, but they were done by the end of church. They had a complete meltdown when Doug didn't let them buckle themselves up and they cried about it for the whole way home and for 10 minutes here while getting changed. They finally settled down to take their naps, except Kaylee came down a minute ago with her 'I wake up" statement. So I don't think she fell asleep. Doug took her back up, so we'll see what happens.
On to the next week. Good-by March hello April! Only two more months of school! I'm kind of looking forward to summer break this year. I hope we can do some fun things together as a family.
1 comment:
Cute pics! Sorry you aren't feeling well!
Post a Comment