With my birthday being on a Sunday, there's not a whole lot you can do differently. But I made myself some cinnamon sticks in the morning and had some yogurt and strawberries. Doug helped with the kids in the morning so that was nice. I was busy doing food most of the day. We invited the Fishburns over for dinner so that we had someone to celebrate with. I made Cafe Rio pulled pork salads/tacos. I also made a cheesecake the day before and I was so mad at it. I had the cream cheese sitting out all morning so it would be nice and soft - but when I mixed it in the batter it was still lumpy. I even put the bowl in a hot water bath to try and melt the cream cheese to make it smooth. That helped a bit but not much. It ended up tasting good regardless - but it just made me so frustrated. This recipe is probably my favorite one but it takes a lot of time and is a pain because you bake it in a water bath so I don't make it very often so you want it to turn out when you take the time to make it. Ok...rant over. :)
Doug got me a great present, this Bose speaker that syncs with my iPhone and iPad. It is awesome. I use it almost everyday and we all love listening to Pandora or our favorite playlists. Thanks Doug!
Doug did take me out to dinner the day before my birthday. The YW actually put together a babysitting night where they invited the whole ward to bring their kids to the church and they tended them for $10 from 6-9:00. It was a fundraiser for some project they were doing. It was great. We went to Texas Roadhouse to use up a gift card. I asked another couple in the ward to join us and it was great to visit with them and get to know them more.
By the way I am 34 now - crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment