Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Busy with life

I looked at the pictures that I had taken this week and saw that there weren't that many.  I really had to think about what we did this week.  I know I was busy, but it was with normal things. My nights especially were all full this week.

Monday: FHE and grocery shopping late - I don't like going late, but it beats going with the kids.

Tuesday: I helped out in the Bear Den for Cub Scouts.  We made 'armpit' fudge and it wasn't that bad.

Wednesday: Relief Society birthday dinner.  I wish I would have taken a picture.  They really decorated well and had and fun game of guess who this funny fact belongs to.  They read a table at a time so you only had to guess between 8 people.  

Thursday: Tyler had a 'Reading Restaruant' in the evening that Doug went to.  They had jokes for an appetizer, a book about Tyler for the main course, and a thank you note for the dessert.  It was pretty cute and Tyler was proud of his work.  I had my primary presidency meeting at 8:00, then went to the store again afterwards for a few things.  I had been asked to make a birthday cake for someone in the ward and I needed some cake materials.  I ended up buying more than I planned to - they were having a good sale on some pantry items that I stock up on.  


Friday: I did all the prep work for the cake during the morning: made the fondant, cake, and buttercream. Then I colored the fondant and started shaping my 'wooden boards' for the side of the cake.   

We also had a movie night and watched Big Hero 6 for the first time, we even stayed up a bit late so we could finish.  The kids were really helpful beforehand, they picked up and helped clean up dinner so that we could all watch it together.  Everyone loved it and I loved that I could actually sit down and watch a full movie with the kids.  Doug wasn't so lucky.  Fridays are his busiest days and work pulled him away.  But he was able to watch some of it.  

Saturday: We did our normal cleaning - Damon and Tyler are doing a few more jobs now including the sinks and toilets in the bathrooms (I know they should probably have been doing them before now - but sometimes it's just easier to do things yourself).  They are vacuuming more carpet and tile areas as well, it's nice having the extra help.

I finished the cake and delivered it around 1:30 then went to my Scout committee meeting.  When I got home we went to the church parking lot to ride bikes.  Chris is getting pretty good at riding - this was his first time practicing somewhere else besides our front sidewalk.  He still needs to work on starting and stopping, but it's so fun to watch him learn so quickly - love the balance bike for that. 

We threw some quick hamburgers on the grill and enjoyed dinner, then went off to Toys 'R Us.  Damon and Tyler begged us to go so they could spend their money on some Lego Bionicle sets. They thought they had enough to buy one for Chris too, but they didn't.  Well, since Chris doesn't really have an allowance yet, we figured it was ok if we bought his.  We got home right at bedtime so we made them wait to open them until in the morning - I know mean parents. :)  So the first thing we heard this morning was the sound of Legos being built in Damon's room.  I think he finally gave up sleeping around 6:00 so he could play.  

For sharing time today I talked about the story of Moses and the parting of the Red Sea.  It was how if we follow the Prophet we will be safe.  The kids were more involved this week and I think it went well.   

I get to give a talk in Sacrament meeting next week - about prayer.  So we'll see how that goes.  I'm looking forward to spring break.  There is an amazing mom in the ward who got together with some other moms and have some things planned.  Doug is taking off work Wed. - Fri.  So we will see what fun things around here we will do.  The boys are going to a Minecraft day camp on Tuesday and are very excited about that.  

Overall a pretty good week and the sun came out yesterday for the first time in what seemed like forever.  I miss my sunny Colorado.  Hopefully we will have good weather for our spring break. 

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Your weeks always sound so full and busy and fun. I'm sure it gets exhausting sometimes though!

I love the cake - you always do so many amazing things.

It's Big Hero 6 so great? We really enjoyed that one.

I was also going to say that the reading dinner thing for Tyler was really great. What a clever idea!