Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, March 8, 2015

March 2-7

Doug was out of town in Denver this past week.  It makes bedtime a bit slower and my patience seems to run out more, but we managed without him.  I really missed him on Monday.  I had scheduled dentist appointments for Damon and Tyler after school hoping that Doug could come home a bit early and watch the other kids.  Well, he obviously couldn't help out so I found a friend to watch them.  The appointment took FOREVER and I felt bad that she had to watch Chris and the girls for so long.  Damon's teeth were pretty good - just watching a spot but he will be losing that tooth soon so we're not too worried about it.  Tyler has to have some fillings fixed.  There are some big cracks.  I say that the previous dentist should have to pay for things like this - it makes me frustrated when we have to redo fillings - hard on the kid and the budget.  We have been going to a lot of orthodontist appointments for Tyler as well.  We checked out a couple and decided to go with Dr. Mardaga.  Tyler has a underbite that will need to get fixed while he is still young and growing.  So we will start that next month.  

I didn't think that I would ever buy a power-wheel vehicle for my kids (one- too expensive and two -conflicts with my upbringing I guess :) ) but when I saw one posted on our neighborhood Facebook page for $20 I gave in.  I figured we could use it for a while and then pass it on when we are done with it.  Chris was really excited - Damon and Tyler were too, but were bummed to realize that they are too big for it.  The girls really like it, but their steering skills are lacking.  I have to help them stay on the sidewalk.  But it is a fun new addition to our outdoor things-to-do. 

 The girls have been wanting to nap in 'nests'.

I had book group this week and since Doug was gone I was debating what to do.  I didn't really want to get a babysitter, but I really wanted to go.  We were discussing Pope Joan and I really loved the book.  So Doug and I thought that Damon was responsible enough to take care of sleeping siblings.  I left after I put everyone to bed and I had Damon text me with the iPad.  He checked in once and said things were fine. I only was gone for about 1 hr and 15 min. and Damon did great!  I can see how soon we won't need to get a babysitter all the time and that it will be so wonderful.  I'm glad that Damon's temperment is one that I can trust and he is good to take care of his siblings.  

 We went to a neighbors birthday party yesterday at a inflatable bouncy place.  They had a big slide, an obstacle course race course, and this jousting one.  Damon had fun trying to knock Doug off - I don't think he succeeded though.
 One of our trips this week to a park lead us to discover a woodpecker.  It was cool to see him 'knocking' on the tree.  We also saw a squirrel and some other birds.  The trees are blossoming as well and spring is here.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Sounds like you survived!! I'll say it again... I don't know how you do it. I complain when Richard is gone ONCE in a while.

I love that Damon can start watching the kids. I'm getting excited for Claire to be that age too!!