I ran to Walmart and picked up a few things before lunch. we ate around 12 and I put the girls down right after. I think they had gotten used to napping a bit later and they would not go to sleep. So around 1:00 we gave up and packed everyone up and headed down town again. Every Thursday the muesums are free at certain times. The museum of Nature and Science is free from 2-5 and the Children's Museum is free from 5-8. We haven't been down town much and I now realize that I don't think I'll be going down by myself anytime soon, or at least not on a Thursday. The traffic was crazy. They had policmen on every corner directing traffic. We were trying to follow Google, but the police wouldn't let us turn where we wanted to. I think they were basically try to lead everyone out of the main part of downtown. All of the parking lots were full anyway. So we found a side road about 7 blocks away and parked there. It wasn't too bad of a walk.
We get to the Museum and realize that we still have to have a ticket to go in. The line was really long but it moved fairly quickly since no one had to pay anything, they just had to say how many tickets they needed. There were so many people there, it was crazy!!! We were weaving our way between people the whole time we were there.
The museum seemed pretty nice. We didn't get to see all of it. I think it was harder to enjoy it because of the craziness and crowds. But it would have cost us $115 to go on our own, so to take a quick look around for free was ok.
We left the museum and I took the kids to this park across the street. Doug was going to go back to the van to get our sack dinners. There was this cook little hill that had a spiral sidewalk up to the top. I wasn't going to suggest going up - we had walked a lot already- but Kaylee said she wanted to go up, so up we went. When we got to the top Doug called and said there was a long line at the Children's Museum to get in at 5:00. We decided to have him stay there in line and we would go meet him, then he could go get our dinners once we were in line.
The kids were walking pretty slowly buy this time, but they were in pretty good spirits. I was amazed at the girls since they hadn't taken a nap and we were all hungry. So we got in line and Doug left to go to the van, but he didn't get far and called to say that they were letting people into the museum. We figured we should just go in and eat dinner later. I gave everyone a fruit snack and hoped it would get them through.
The museum was packed with people! It was so loud and crazy inside. It looked like a really fun place, but we didn't even get to see half of it. But the kids had a lot of fun. Damon and Tyler liked the forensics area and figured out who committed the crime. Chris had fun with the mirrors. The girls liked driving a car and playing with the water and playground outside. The boys all got to go inside these big 'hamster balls.' They thought that was cool. The last thing we did was a big 3 story maze. You can kind of see what it was made of in the picture. There were these platforms that were all contained with wire mesh. All of the kids went in. The girls did pretty well but we had to send Damon and Tyler to help them get out in the end. It was funny to see all of these parents trying to tell their children where to go and how to get out of the maze. It was a zoo!
It was funny to see 4 look alikes instead of just two. :)
Friday we took the day off! I did some laundry and tried to just get back to normal. I spent some more time on my sharing time lesson and preparing my talk for Sunday. I had worked on it earlier in the week too, but tried to get most of it done. Doug went and got his driver's license and didn't have a problem - he didn't have to change his name when he got married. :)
The kids got to have their screen time and they played with Legos and blocks too. Here are some of their latest creations:
Damon's version of the spaceship from The Lego Movie
Tyler's cool block tower - they were playing Angry Birds with them - trying to knock them over with balls.
This is Chris's spaceship with a robot guy driving it.
Damon and Tyler have really like playing Bohnanza, so we played that during quiet time. After naps I said we should go to the park. I had wanted to show Doug, Damon and Tyler the cool one we went to on a play date in January. So we went and stayed for just a bit and went on the short nature walk that we had done before. We found out that the park closed at 5 so we couldn't stay long. It literally started to rain again as we were buckling up the girlst to go - it was such a blessing that it held off while we were playing. We stopped for a Little Caeser's pizza and had baths and bed.
Saturday we cleaned the house and I worked on my talk some more. Being 2nd counselor in the Primary puts me in charge of baptisms. This one on Saturday was my first to help with. I had to make the programs and print them out. Doug was running errands so he was nice to stop at the church and make copies.
Tyler and I went to the baptism in the afternoon and we stopped by the grocery store on the way back. We had dinner and cleaned up then Doug and I got ready for another date. Our ward put together some groups of couples to get together and play games. This was our first time meeting and it was so much fun. There are in 4 couples in our group and it was a good mix of personalities The hosts were great, we had homemade brownies and ice cream and played some fun get to know you games. We laughed a lot.
We got home at 10 but I still had some last reviewing to do on my talk so I stayed up until 12 finishing up that and my sharing time. I'm pretty tired today.
Sunday: my talk went ok, I don't think it was my best talk. It was just too busy of a week to really spend a lot of time on it, and I only had a week to prepare. My sharing time went ok too - I get nervous in front of the kids and I get all tongue tied and can't really say what I want to say. I'm slowly learning more names, but I still have a ways to go.
Well, that has been our crazy week. Now we have to go back to school tomorrow. I'm glad a bit, but it sure was nice to sleep in a bit and not have to worry about getting out the door on time.



1 comment:
Sounds like you have a lot of fun new things to explore! I have learned lately that we never go to anything free....ha Haha! Too many crazy people! But $100+ for an outing is a lot. Your kids are growing up so fast! Fun pics!
Post a Comment