Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Saturday, February 6, 2016

First week of February

I figured I better just start with this week and then go back and catch up as I have time.  I haven't blogged since November, yikes! So I have a lot of blogging to do.  But this week was a breath of fresh air.  I didn't have too many things to do, but enough to stay busy.

Monday was the normal laundry and I had a meeting for the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet.  I'm in charge of that this year and I have a great set of friends helping me.  It should turn out great.  We have 2 more weeks to get everything ready.

Tuesday we canceled our little dance class since everyone had been invited to a baby shower.  It was a very casual get together with lots of visiting.  We didn't play any games which was fine with me, but I kind of felt bad for the new mom-to-be.  This is her first baby and sometimes it's fun to play those games for the first time.  There were tons of little kids running around, Kaylee fell and got a bloody lip but she was fine.

Tyler had his regular busy Tuesday.  He has DI (Destination Imagination) on Tuesdays now and Basketball practice.  He is good to get his homework done quickly and his chores as well.

Wednesday was the 100th day of school.  Chris had quite a few fun activities throughout the day.  I felt bad because I had to take him out to go to the dentist, Tyler had an appointment too.  It was the one day that he really didn't want to miss school, figures.  They both did fine at their appointments.  They didn't take x-rays this time and just did a cleaning.  Tyler has a harder time with his expander still in, so he needs to brush around that a little bit better.

The boys had scouts in the evening.  This was the first week of being our own pack.  The new ward is going to start having their own den/pack meetings next week.  I was so grateful that the bear den leader was willing to help out even though she had been released.  Our new Webelos leader couldn't make it so I stayed and helped along with the new cub master.  It's a bit rough getting all of our leaders called and getting them trained, but we will get there.

Thursday I taught my last week of preschool.  I will have to help two more times, but no more teaching lessons.  I had fun with it, but I'm glad I didn't have to do it every time.  The kids were pretty good this week.  We still managed our walk around the block, but it was cold - they were complaining a bit with the cool breeze even though it was sunny.

Doug had a financial clerk meeting and then played volleyball in the evening.  I was going to go to bed early since we've been staying up so late every night, but I needed to work on some Blue and Gold stuff and do a mini training lesson for primary.  It seems like there is always something to do.

Friday the girls and I had a great time running errands and spending some time at the mall.  I had to return some things to Hobby Lobby.  We timed that one wrong and waited for about 10 minutes for just one lady to return some things ahead of us.  The girls were a bit whinny and wanted to be held, but we made it.  I wanted to buy a new spring wreath but $100 seemed a bit much even with a 40% off coupon.  I could make one, but I just don't want to right now.  Oh well.  The girls liked these gigantic flowers; The rose was marked $40.



After that we went to Home Depot to find something I could use to make a neckerchief slide.  I am making some for all of the cub scouts for the B & G.  I found the perfect size and was so glad that there were just enough - yay!



We went into Michaels looking for some Styrofoam cake dummies but they didn't haven any.  There was a wreath there that I liked, but I have a coupon for next week, so I might go back and get it later.  Next door was a DSW shoe store.  I haven't looked for shoes for me in so long.  The girls were so good as I studied the clearance racks.  There were a lot to choose from.  I was wanted some black sunday shoes and some cute flats to go with my skinny type jeans.  I found some flats on sale for $22! I"ll have to keep looking for my sunday shoes.


After that we joined our playgroup at the mall.  We were a bit late because I took to long looking at shoes. :)  But the girls had fun playing for a while.  They always ask to go up the escalator so we went upstairs and looked in the pet store.  They petted a pig, bunny, and a puppy.  We went to Build-a-Bear and got a free t-shirt that went with Kaylee's little toy that she got in her McDonald's happy meal last week.  She was excited about that.  Finally we rode the escalator down and got back to the van.  We had one last stop at the library where I picked up Winter.  I've been on the waiting list for months - so I will need to try really hard to not neglect my family for the next few days and not read constantly. :)

Today it has been nice to not have too many things planned.  We actually had time to get all of the cleaning done so the house looks good.  Doug is running some errands right now and then he will take Tyler to his basketball game.  They haven't won a game yet, so I hope that they do better today.   Tyler was pretty upset last week even though he played really well.  No plans for this afternoon - I'm thinking about going to a park - it's such a beautiful day even though it is a bit chilly.  I"m sure I'll get some whines, but oh well.  They always have a good time once we are there.

No comments: