Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Monday, March 21, 2016

Odds and Ends and a Great Saturday

So this is the second week of March.  Doug left early Monday morning for a quick work trip.  He went to a Halliburton facility about 3 hours away, he got home Tuesday late afternoon.  I don't like going to sleep when Doug is gone, but I do like that I don't have to cook or tidy up the house as much.  We did have to pick up a bunch before he came home though. :)  

This week I finished Jenna's dress.  I sewed Kaylee's the week before.  So doing something the second time is always easier than the first and I figured out a better way to sew the dress, so of course the perfectionist in me had to make Kaylee's match.  So I unpicked all of Kaylee's skirt and re-sewed it.  It was kind of a pain, but I'm glad that I did.  The girls looked so cute going to church in their new dresses.  

This is how they started - shirt I bought awhile ago online with some fabric (shopping for fabric with little kids is NOT my favorite thing to do!) 









You can't really tell but this is a woodpecker flying away from our window.  Every once in awhile we will get a wood pecker knocking on our window or house.  Or sometimes they will try to fly into the window - silly birds. 

 So the kids are learning about state history right now and yep the folks here sure do love Texas. It's fun though.  Chris learned the song: "Deep in the heart of Texas," which I had heard maybe once or twice before.  Anyway, it's been fun to hear him and the other kids that I take to school in the morning belt out the song full of Texas pride.  :)

We had a storm roll through this week - it was supposed to rain a lot, it did rain, but nothing crazy.  But because of the forecast they postponed Damon's big research event until after Spring Break.  So I worked quite a bit over the weekend and Monday evening getting his costume ready, and then I find out that I had two more weeks to get it done.  Oh well, it's finished now.  He did his report on Theodore Roosevelt - I'll post about it later. 

So on Saturday Doug let me have my last birthday present - a day off shopping!!  I had so much fun with my friend Kari and I have never spent so much on myself at one time before.  It was a lot of fun.  I tried not to feel too bad about it.  I really did need a bunch of new things and after doing the math at home I calculated it out to average about $13 per item.  I bought 18 clothing items and a new purse.  We went to the Houston Outlets and it was a great place.  We really only went to 2-3 stores though.  I bought all of my things at Banana Republic and Gap.  Thanks Kari for the fabulous day and thanks to Doug for letting me go!

No comments: