I made biscuits for dinner the other day and Jenna spent a good 30-45 minutes playing with some leftover dough making cookies and baking them in her little play-doh oven.
Wednesday morning there was a tornado warning around 5:00 am. So Doug and I woke the kids up and carried them down to our bedroom closet. They were pretty good about it. The girls perked up and were acting too happy and chipper for that early in the morning. The boys just wanted to lie down and try to go back to sleep. We took them back to their room about 5:20 when the worst of the storm was over. The boys were able to go back to the sleep but I don't think the girls did. The power stayed out from 5:00 am until 1:00 pm. So that made our breakfast and lunch a bit different but we managed. It really makes you realize how much we depend on electricity for everything. My phone went down to about 18%. They still had school even though the power was out. Damon's school wasn't out for very long, but the elementary went most of the day without. I had stayed up late the night before so I only got about 3 hours of sleep. I was pretty tired and grumpy on Wednesday and went to bed earlier than normal.
At pack meeting Tyler got his Nova 1, 2, 3, Go! award. This was a special award that they started last summer that we finally finished.
The girls had their last class of preschool on Thursday. They are so cute when I drop them off. They just say 'Bye mom, love you," and off they go. I'm glad they are independent and enjoy being with their friends.
This is the first day of preschool in September (Kaylee, Jenna)
Last day of preschool at the end of April. (Jenna, Kaylee)
Kaylee is good to take a nap when she has the chance to. If I separate the girls at quiet time she usually falls asleep. Jenna rarely sleeps anymore.
It was a warm day yesterday even though it rained about 1 inch in the morning. The girls enjoy the sprinkles on the tramp.
I spent a lot of nights this week getting ready for the girls' birthday. I made them a play tent. I wasn't going to, but then I changed me mind so I only had a week to get it done. My friend watched the girls for a couple of hours on Monday and that helped a ton. I was able to get the fabric all cut out. I stayed up late Tuesday and Thursday evening and finished it Friday. Doug helped me with the poles and I hope that the girls like it when they see it tomorrow. They are pretty excited for their birthday. We have been counting down all week.
No comments:
Post a Comment