It's that time of year - costumes, decorating cookies, carving pumpkins, and trick-or-treating.
From the beginning the girls asked to dress up as the Tooth Fairy. I made their skirts early in the month -very grateful for that. The boys had decided on Kylo Ren and Jedi, which was great - I bought Damon's and made a new tunic and boot covers for Tyler and Chris used our old ones. Then one day the girls put on the R2D2 and Darth Vader costume and I thought: "We need to do a Star Wars theme this year!" So for the trunk or treat we were a Star Wars family. I was Rey and Doug was Han Solo. I thought our costumes would be pretty easy to make, and they were simple enough, but they still ended up taking a lot of time. But it was mostly because I was being picky and wanting to do a good job. I made my belt, tunic wrap thing, sleeves, and staff. I made Doug's vest, holster, and boot covers. They were fun to make but I wish I hadn't started so late. The last week before the activity had lots of late night sewing.
Here are our creative masterpieces this year. It's fun now that they can do their own.
The girls painted their pumpkins and the boys carved. Doug and I still have to help with the carving, but Tyler and Damon designed their own and Chris told me where to carve.
Chris's is a Pokemon Jack-o-lance, Tyler's is a T-Rex, and Damon's is Kylo Ren
The girls had a fun party at Preschool and decorated soda pop pumpkins.
Halloween day the girls were Tooth Fairies.
Here is our loot! We only let them keep a bit and then we gave the rest away.
It was a great night, short sleeves and sandals for me - I don't miss the cold trick-or-treating of Utah. :) Happy Halloween everyone!





1 comment:
Love the costumes C'Anne! You always do such a great job! We miss your sugar cookies too! You have so many talents C'Anne! Way to go!
Post a Comment