Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, January 15, 2017

A week with Grandma and Grandpa Datwyler: Jan 8-14

We had a great week with Grandma and Grandpa Datwyler here.

Sunday we had a nice church meeting, we are getting used to 9:00 church.  I like it so much better.  Chris wanted to paint his fire truck that he got for his birthday.
 Monday mom and I went shopping.  We both found some church shoes, but I ended up returning mine.  I just can never find somewhat comfortable heels.

Tuesday we went to a nearby Arboretum.  It is a fun park with different playgound equipment that also has some walking paths.  We took the short 1/2 mile stroll through the trees.  It was a beautiful day to be outside.  We finally warmed up from last week.


 That evening we hurried to the movie theater as soon as Damon got home from school.  On Tuesdays the movies are only $5.50 so we went and saw Sing.  It was pretty cute.  We were all just excited to go and grandma even treated us to popcorn!
 Wednesday the girls' preschool was canceled so grandpa was so nice to watch the girls while mom and I went shopping again.  I found some cute shirts at Ross and mom found some things too.  We had lunch at Panera.  
In the evening we went to the temple, Doug joined us too.  It was nice to enjoy that time together.  
 Thursday we took the girls to the Port of Houston.  It is a 52 mile stretch of river that was dug deep enough to let the big ships come into port - away from the coast and harder weather conditions.  Our boat  only went 6 miles out but we saw some cool ships and scenery along the way.

 

 Since we were already in the area we stopped by the Battleship Texas Monument.  We went as a family last year, but it is a cool place.  It was the girls' turn to try all of the guns.  The boys were bummed that they didn't go, so we will have to go again.  


 It was a long morning/afternoon, but we made it home just in time to pick up the boys from school.  In fact I just had mom and dad hop out of the van at a stop sign and walk the rest of the way home so that I had room for the school kids.

Friday the girls have a fun dance class that a mom in another ward teaches.  She does such a good job and the girls love it.  They are smiling the whole time.
 Friday evening we went roller skating - we decided it would be easier than ice skating since my family hasn't done either.  For their first time everyone did pretty well.  There were lots of falls and tears at first.  Then Chris and the girls discovered that they liked rolling on the carpet best - Chris stayed out here the whole time.  The girls finally got brave and circled the rink holding onto the wall.  Jenna picked it up quickly and was doing really well by the time we were done.  They all wanted to come back, so I think they had a good time.  Tyler skated well - but he has been roller blading before.  Damon had the hardest time being frustrated.  I feel bad that he had never been before - it's hard learning something like this at an older age, he was probably embarrassed to be so slow.  But he really did improve and was doing much better towards the end.



 We went to McDonald's after and everyone enjoyed their food and playtime.  Even grandpa enjoyed the Happy Meal toy, (a deck of cards) :)



 Mom and Dad left Saturday morning early.  It was a great visit.  I am grateful that they spent the time and effort to come.  We made some great memories.

Saturday was the beginning of Flag Football for Damon and Tyler.  Tyler has a good coach and he scored the winning touchdown for his team.  Damon's team is lacking is leadership and we can hope that things will improve as the season continues.  The lost by quite a bit.  I wasn't able to go, but Doug was there.

The boys were invited over to a neighbors house to have a game night so they had a good time there and it made it a busy Saturday.  We had checked out a movie to watch from RedBox, but had to wait and watch it on Sunday instead.  It was a fun busy week!

No comments: