Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Back to Normal Jan 15-21

We missed Grandma and Grandpa this week, it was so fun to have them come and visit.  Monday was a holiday and we were planning on going to the Aquarium, but the weather decided to not cooperate.  So that trip is postponed.  We tried going to Pump it Up, (a bouncy house place) but I failed to check their hours before we left and read their door saying that they wouldn't be open for another 2 1/2 hours.  So we went to Good Will and bought some tennis rackets and stopped at Wendy's and bought frosty's for everyone.  We just played at home for the rest of the day and went to the park to try out our new rackets.  Our closest park just put in tennis courts and some basketball hoops.  We all did pretty well for our first time.  Everyone had fun just trying to hit the ball.  :)

School was normal for the rest of the week.  It is still a trial to get Chris out the door happy.  He usually is in pretty good spirits until I tell him it's time to get his shoes on.  Then the drama turns on and he pulls a big fit and pouts that he hates school.  Then I have my girls who are sad anytime their school is canceled.  I hope they like Kindergarten as much as they like Pre-school.  They had a field trip this week to HEB (our local grocery store).  The worker did a good job of promoting healthy eating as we toured the store.  We got to meet Spikey the lobster (the kids named him).  He was 40 years old.  Made me kind of sad to think that he made it 40 years only to end up in a grocery store, but I guess that's what happens to all of the food we eat.  Of course we ended our tour with some Buddy Bucks, the kids get to put in the play money and spin the wheel to earn a ticket.  They get so excited every time we go grocery shopping.  




I did a bunch of errands on Friday and picked up my next book group book: Dark Matter.  It's a little bit crazy for your brain.  Thinking about multi-dimensions and alternate realities.  It's good so far.  

Saturday football was canceled so it made the day less crazy.  I went to a friends to work on a GNO project we are prepping for and then went grocery shopping.  Doug played with the kids outside for quite awhile since it was such a fabulous day.  The boys played poison ball at the church for awhile and then we had dinner and played Sleeping Queens a couple of times.  I spent the later evening reading my new book. :)

2 comments:

chanel said...

Love your updates! Glad you're all doing so well. Your girls have really grown up! They're adorable. Sorry Chris is not loving school...yet....it will happen, right?!? ;)Miss you all!!

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

It's so fun to see your updates! Looks like lovely weather! We're still stuck under 5 feet of snow! Hope you have a great week! I miss you!