Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Busy Week with Pinewood Derby Jan 22-28

 This was a busy week, but full of fun things.

Sunday: I have been able to go back to choir which has been so nice.  Since Doug is the financial clerk he has to stay after church which was when choir was.  But with our change of schedule choir is in the afternoon - so now I can go.  Tyler has joined me the last two times and has done well.  He has a nice voice and stays on pitch most of the time.  He sings a bit loud - but that' ok. :)

Monday: Normal school for the girls and I stayed home and got the house picked up and odds and ends done around the house.  We talked to our nephew Alex on Facetime to wish him well on his mission.  He left for Mexico on Tuesday to serve in the North Carolina Mission, Spanish speaking.

Tuesday: I went visiting teaching all morning.  I guess we like to visit since it takes 3 hours to see 2 ladies.  In the evening I helped with our Girls Night Out.  We made these service boards.  It was my brain child and I'm glad that we made them - but I am also glad that the project is over.  It was more of a pain to organize and get materials for everyone than to just make one myself.  But I think they turned out great.  - you put a pom pom in someone's bucket when you serve them.

 We had gorgeous weather this week so we had to take advantage when we could.  The girls are little monkeys and can now do the small monkey bars all by themselves.
Wednesday: I helped set up for the Pinewood Derby.  The other ward was doing theirs that night and ours was Thursday so we shared decorations.  It was great!

Thursday: I made the treats for the derby in the morning.  A friend came over to help with her 1 year old.  I forget how messy little kids can be and how much work they are.  She spent most of her time looking after him and cleaning up his mess (all over my floor and chairs).  But it was still nice to have some help and visit while we worked.  

The pinewood derby went well.  We just had a change of leadership, new cubmaster and new committee chair.  The change will be good, but transition is still hard sometimes.  Tyler did ok, about middle of the pack.  Of course he would have liked to have done better, but some of the dads spent a lot of time working on their cars and we didn't.  Tyler was proud of his design though, it painted like a football field. 
 Photo Op
 Weigh-in
 Starting line up:
 Rice Krispy treat cars, they were a big hit.
 Everyone is enjoying the magna-tiles we got at Christmas.  Chris can get pretty creative.
 Friday: Doug and Damon went on a quick camping trip with the scouts.  The weather turned cold so we were looking for all of our winter stuff - it doesn't get used that much.

Saturday: I had to take all the kids to Tyler's football game since Doug and Damon were still camping.  We bundled up and tried to stay warm.  Chris and the girls did pretty well and we were glad that the sun came out later and when the wind stopped it was much better.  Doug and Damon came up in time for Damon's game.  Both teams won this week which always makes the event more fun.  Tyler caught a pass and Damon did well with pulling flags.

Saturday evening Doug and I went to a Scout appreciation dinner.  We don't seem to fit in with that crowd exactly, but we went to support my friend who was in charge.  They had it katered by a local BBQ place and the meat was good, but there needed to have been another side.  All they had was meat, macaroni and cheese, baked beans and a slice of bread.  I was missing the coleslaw or green salad.  Anyway, it was a bit long and we were worried about the kids a bit.  We had told them we would be home by 7:30 and it ended up being 8;15 or so.  Damon is a great baby-sitter and he had the girls already in bed and the boys were in their room reading.  It's so nice having him be old enough to babysit. 

 More Magna-tiles, Damon and Tyler were making an AT-AT battle.  Damon rebuilt his big AT-AT walker set so he has been playing with it.


1 comment:

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

We have a couple sets of magnatiles, too! They are lots of fun! The derby looked really cute! Did you decorate? Looks like fun!