Life continues in its normal course. This week I had a presidency meeting on Tuesday. We are always looking to fill empty spots from move outs or change of callings. We have some great teachers though.
Wednesday I was able to go to the temple. It was a beautiful day and the flowers were so bright and colorful.
Friday Damon took a field trip to see the movie "Hidden Figures." Damon wasn't that excited and I honestly didn't think it was the best destination for a field trip. They had been talking about Black History so I guess it went along. The girls and I went to Pump it Up for play group. They had been wanting to go for so long. They had a good time. I talked with the moms and asked advice about Chris. He had a total meltdown that morning and told me that he hated me, wanted a different mom, and wanted to kill me. We have had tantrums before but this one was the worst. I admit I had shouted at him and wasn't being my best self, but I was at a loss of how to help Chris get over a very simple thing. I feel bad for Chris, he has been making lots of poor choices lately so it always seems like we are disciplining him and he keeps losing privileges. Anyway, I wrote him a note and took it to the school. I was afraid he was going to have a terrible day with the rough start that we had, but I think he was able to move on ok and he told me he loved me after school and gave me a hug. Anyway, it's kind of rough being a mom.
That night we hosted game night with some friends. We had everyone fill out a get to know you questionnaire and it was fun to learn a few new things. We also played the 'couch game' where you draw someone else's name and try to move 4 girls or 4 boys to the couch by calling out names. It took us awhile, but the girls won. We tried a new game that was like name that tune, but we were naming movies and bidding on how many words you could say. It was pretty fun. We had some yummy treats I made cinnamon rolls in addition to what others brought. A few stayed and talked for quite awhile, I don't think we went to bed until after 12:00. It was a fun night. We have some great friends here.
Saturday Doug helped collect food with Damon and then the boys went to Football. They have been doing pretty well.
Doug had a guys game night, so he had two fun nights in a row. :) I'm glad that he gets to do some fun things with his guy friends sometimes.
Jenna finally let me put these curlers in her hair overnight. We tried the first time on Christmas morning, but it wasn't long enough for them to set. I used all three packs, 30 curlers and probably could have used a few more. Her hair was so pretty. She wanted it done up like Belle.
I love my two girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment