Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Happy Birthday to me and Cubscouts Feb. 19-25

The kids built a fort in the movie room on Sunday.  We let Damon sleep in it, which was just him basically sleeping on the couch, but he thought it was cool.  
 Damon submitted a Lego Creation for the the Lego magazine.  We will see if he gets picked.
 Monday was hard.  We were supposed to go to the Aquarium for a field trip with a bunch of friends but it decided to rain on our holiday.  So we played at home and then I took the boys over to the church to play poison ball.  I had picked up some neighbor kids too since their mom was out of town.  I felt like I was driving all over the neighborhood  taking trips back and forth.  Kaylee had been sick in the night, but it was just a quick thing - so it was good that we just stayed home and didn't spread germs.

Tuesday Jenna decided to throw up in the morning, but just like Kaylee she was better by the days end.  But it prevented me from going visiting teaching.  We just stayed home again.

Wednesday was my birthday.  I had a great day.  The kids made me cute cards and helped out all day.  Doug was sweet and gave me a coupon for a massage and let me take the day off - it was great.  I got a new shirt, necklace, perfume, and dress.


 I went out to lunch with some friends - I have the best friends. One treated me to lunch, one made a scrumptious dessert to eat with our lunch, one gave me a Cake Doctor recipe book, and one gave me a cute new shirt and skirt.

 We ordered Chinese for dinner and we had lots of leftovers so that was nice to eat all week.  I got to relax in the evening and read a book - it was the perfect day.  Thanks to everyone and Doug for making me feel loved and special.

We did the Blue and Gold in a team effort with the other pack this year.  So we set up on Wednesday and then came back Thursday morning to touch up and set up our tablecloths.  I think our jungle theme turned out pretty well.  I bought real tablecloths so we could use them every year.  It was a bit of a bother to wash and fold them, but it will save us on our budget and they looked nice.

 For some activities the boys could shoot Nerf guns at the balloons for target practice and we had a little scavenger hunt looking for stuffed animals and things around the gym.
 I made neckerchief slides again, these ones looked like snakes.  The cake from last year held up pretty well.  The top layer was just a bit faded.
 Our photo op.
 Our new cubmaster wanted to make a nice meal so he volunteered to make kabobs.  They were tasty.  We had plenty of food.
 I loved our snake cake.  Each boy could bring a decorated half bundt cake to build our snake.  It was a bit messy, but so much fun.  Tyler's is the orange and blue diamond one.
 I did the tail.
 We had a local 'Snake Lady' come and talk about snakes.  She brought a turtle and snake to show.  The kids liked that.


 All in all, it was a great night.  Clean up went pretty fast so that was good too.  Then I went over to help a friend comb out her girls hair - she found out that they had lice.  So it was a late night for me, but I was happy to help.

Friday I went to the Sam Houston Memorial Museum with Tyler's field trip.  It is the site where Sam Houston lived and showed his house and other buildings that were around at that time.  It was a beautiful day which made it so nice to be outside.  There were four stations we rotated through then we ate a picnic lunch.  The travel time is about 50 min each way, so it seemed like we didn't get to stay that long once we got there.  As a funny side note I went to the Sam Houston Statue first, then found out that I was at the wrong place.  I pulled in right behind the buses so I wasn't late.


 Saturday was a busy day.  I had a stake women's conference in the morning from 9-12:30.  It was nice and listened to 3 talks.  Lunch was catered by Olive Garden, soup, salads, and bread sticks.  Then I went up to flag football where Doug had all of the kids.  I needed to pick them up and take Tyler to a birthday party, while Doug stayed with Damon for his game.  The parking there is crazy and I drove around for 15 minutes and could never get lucky enough to get a spot.  So I just waited behind our van so we could just swap parking spots.  Well we finally got the kids settle and I switched vehicles and pulled out of the van so Doug can park the truck - and what happens? Some guys pulls around Doug and takes our spot.  I was so mad at that guy.  I'm sure Doug drove around and parked somewhere else or went out to the street, but I thought it was pretty rude of that guy.

So we went to a trampoline jumping place (SkyZone) to drop Tyler off.  Of course Chris and the girls  wanted to stay and jump, but I told them we would do our own fun thing.  We went to McDonald's for ice cream and to play.  I figured it was better to just wait around for Tyler's party to be over since he was kind of late anyway than to drive home and then drive back.  So after about an hour we went back to pick him up.  Turned out he had been waiting for awhile.  I felt bad and wished he would have borrowed a phone to call me since we were just waiting for him to be done.  Oh well, we finally made it home around 3:30 - long day.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

I'm so glad you had a happy birthday C'Anne! I'm also glad you have started keeping up with your blog again. I know there aren't many bloggers out there, but I love reading yours because I know what's going on with you and your family! I am always astounded by your talents. That snake cake - what a CLEVER idea! I love the jungle theme. Those boys are so lucky to have you over scouts. I was TERRIBLE as a Den Leader. I did my best, but it was hard for me and wasn't my favorite calling.