This week started pretty normal, cleaning and projects. I was feeling less stressed since I didn't have sharing time to worry about and the Blue and Gold Banquet was over.
On Wednesday I went with my good friend Kari to get a pedicure. Our birthdays are just about a week apart so we went to celebrate together. I had never had a real pedicure before and I have to say that it was really nice, and now my toes look so cute. :)
We went to lunch at a cute little place called The Tea Kettle Cafe. The lady there was British and of course asked if we wanted tea. The decor was quaint and the chandelier had a tea pot and tea cups on it. We had a great chicken salad sandwich with a tomato basil soup. It was nice to just visit and take a break from being a mom. We had a little bit of time before I had to go pick up the girls from preschool so we looked at some of the nearby shops. This is in an area called Old Town Spring and it has a touristy feel to it. We bought some fudge from a little Dutch store. It was ok, some of the flavors had dried out. We tried some Penuchi (which I'm sure is their name for Penuche) and Kari really like it. So I made a batch for her on her real birthday (Friday).
Lots of people say we look like sisters, I say we are soul sisters. :)
Normal life of grocery store trips, errands, homework, and other household tasks filled the rest of the week.
Saturday was busy yet again. This time it was Damon that was at the stake center from 8:00-12:00, he had a merit badge clinic. He didn't want to go. He really doesn't like scouts very much - it's a constant battle. I picked Damon up at 12:00 then went up for our last football games. We got there in time to watch the end of Tyler's game. They lost 14-0, it was the first time they didn't score. So they got 2nd in the play-offs. Tyler was bummed, but stayed in a good attitude.
We all just hung around during Damon's practice, and then it started to rain right when the game was about to begin. I packed two jackets for everyone, but I forgot to get my rain jacket, whoops. Gratefully we brought our shade, which worked well for a rain shelter. Damon lost as well 8-0, but his team wasn't that well organized and the coach wasn't very experienced, so they hadn't done well all season.
We all got a bit damp but we made it home and had some hot chocolate. The kids played while I finished cleaning and we ordered pizza for dinner.
I had a GNO after dinner. We went to Pinot's Palette to paint. I had been once before and I was excited to go again. We had a good time and I think all of our paintings turned out well. At the time it was frustrating when I couldn't get my painting to look like the instructors, but in the end it all worked out. There are little things in my painting I wish I would have done differently, but I still think it turned out pretty good. It's called "A Walk Through Color."
It was a fun night and a nice ending to the week. Now to get ready for Spring Break in two weeks. We are going camping for the weekend, but I need to find things to do to keep us busy during the first few days.



1 comment:
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day! I miss our ice cream birthday dates! Your decor for the Blie and Gold was amazing! Nice job! Hope you have a great week!
Post a Comment