A couple of random shots before I get into the week.
Chris loves his vegetables. One evening he was moaning with pleasure after each bite. This kid cracks me up sometimes.
Jenna and Kaylee have had a lot of fun making bracelets and necklaces lately. We have had a set of beads for about two years now and we are finally using them all up.
Damon has been busy working on merit badges. This is a project fore Environmental Science. It's hard that Damon doesn't like scouts very much. I hate forcing him to do it, but I know it's a good program and it stretches him outside of his comfort zone.
So this week: Monday and Tuesday Damon stayed home sick. He just rested most of the day and the girls and I just stayed home with him.
By Wednesday Damon went to school and the girls and I needed to get out of the house. Preschool was canceled this week because their teacher was out of town. I was going to take the girls to the Woodlands Children Museum, but then we found out that our friends were going to the zoo. So we decided on a spontaneous trip to the zoo. I don't know if it was the best decision (we were kind of late leaving and we didn't have a pass so I had to pay for us) but I'm still glad we went. I figured once the girls are in school I won't be able to go with them much and it was such a beautiful day.
We caught three animal shows too, which was just perfect. We saw them do a few tricks with the cheetah, feed the chimpanzees, and play with the sea lions.
We caught up with our friends for a bit, but then did our own thing since they had already visited some of the animals we wanted to see.
Jenna really wanted to see the rhinos.
It was a beautiful spring day.
Damon wants to get a zoo game on the Xbox, but we haven't downloaded yet. But he made his own zoo at home. He made a desert animal exhibit, an elephant area, a giraffe pen, a playground, an entrance arch, and a cool tree in the middle. He is so creative.
So we went to the Children's Museum on Thursday instead of Wednesday. We have a membership and I need to use it more. The girls have fun playing house, grocery shopping, digging in the rubber bits, and driving the pretend car.
This is HEB, Jenna turned around too fast, it was so cute to follow them with their little carts.
Chris still likes his Magna-Tiles.
Friday was dance and playgroup. I guess Jenna played hard and she took a nap during quiet time. Naps are rare, so it was good for her to get a little extra rest.
This was a project that I was glad to finish this week. I wanted a new necklace holder, so I decided to make one. I stained the wood and Doug helped me staple the ribbon on and drill the holes for the hooks.
I cut out some paper and modge podged in onto the 'smile.' I learned how to make the flower on YouTube.
I think it turned out well. And now most of my necklaces have their own hook and I don't have to untangle them every time I want to wear one.


No comments:
Post a Comment