Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, March 26, 2017

March 19-25

Not many pictures this week, guess we didn't do too much. :)

Kaylee was sick Monday and Tuesday so she missed a day of preschool which she was quite upset about.  But she was better by Wednesday and was able to go.  Because I had to stay home with Kaylee I got some mending done and put some scout badges on Damon and Tyler's shirts.  

Tuesday evening was the Relief Society Dinner.  It was a simple meal but good and we had a service exchange as well that was fun.  I won a month's worth of FHE treats.  I offered a service of wheat bread or cinnamon rolls.  

Wednesday I did a bunch of errands since I had a few hours to myself.  I was frustrated at the store trying to decide on materials for an Easter project I wanted to do.  I want to make headbands for the girls to match their Easter skirts, but I was having a hard time finding ribbons that matched well.    

Thursday morning the girls took a bath and I braided their hair.  They wanted their hair wavy for Friday.  It took awhile to do 4 french braids on both of them.  After lunch my visiting teachers came over, they are a great companionship.  
Friday we got our wavy hair and then we went to a birthday party at Pump-it-up.  The girls had a lot of fun.  It was a bit tricky eating our pizza outside in the wind, but the kids still had a great time.  


Saturday was a busy day.  I took Damon and some of his friends to the 11 year old day camp at 7:15.  They were there until 5:00 so they had a full day of hiking, first aid, and other activities.  Damon still complains about scouting, but hopefully he'll appreciate it later. 

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and then helped finish cleaning the house.  The kids are pretty good about doing their jobs.  I think we need to give Chris a few more now - he won't like that idea.  

After lunch we were going to go to the park, but then our next-door neighbor came over and invited us to swim in their pool, so of course the kids all loved that.  It was great because the girls could go too.  They can only swim if I go, so today was a good day to do that.  I also was able to finish another video slide show from our pictures of 2016 so that was awesome.  

In the evening I went to dinner with a friend and then watched the General Women's Conference at her house.  There were some great messages and it was nice to share the evening with friends.  I was grateful to Doug for taking care of the kids.  He even gave the girls baths - which is asking a lot since he really doesn't like washing their hair.  He is a wonderful husband and father.  

Funny picture: Damon solving the rubix cube with his feet.  
It's been fun visiting with my parents as they have spent their first week on the their mission (on location).  They had a big blizzard and my dad went skiing - yes he packed his skiis.  :)  They also went to a hockey game supporting a member of the ward, so they have been busy doing missionary stuff and maybe some fun stuff too.

2 comments:

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

I must have missed your parent's mission call! Where are they serving? It's so fun to catch up on your blog! What a great mom you are! Wish you were closer, so we could have our GNO :)

The Petersen's said...

I probably forgot to Blog about it, whoops. They are serving in the Nova Scotia Halifax Mission. They are on Prince Edward Island right now. Yes I would love to be closer to all of my friends, GNOs are the best!