Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Valentine's Week Feb 12-18

Sunday we had our Primary teacher training.  We had a quick meeting reminding our teachers how important their jobs are and encouraging them to do their best and really focus on teaching with the spirit and teaching children - not lessons.  We almost had everyone come. :)

Monday the girls had their Valentine party at preschool.  They made a cute craft, played M&M bingo and exchanged valentines.  They had a fun time.  


 After working on our service goal for the first month we filled up our jar with pom-poms so we earned our first reward: an ice cream sundae.  I bought some fun toppings and the kids had a lot of fun eating them.
 Damon lost his last baby tooth, guess he's not a baby anymore.
 I tried to make Valentine's Day a little more special this year for the kids.  I wrote them a note and gave them some cotton candy as their valentine from me.  I made cinnamon rolls that looked like hearts and cut strawberries for breakfast.  I made a nice dinner and we had Itailian cream sodas and heart oreo cookies for dessert.  I had done the 14 days of Valentine's for Doug - it was fun to give him a little note or treat each day.  We delivered some extra cookies to friends.

 I may have found my favorite way to plan my menu.  I printed out a list of all of the things we eat and I just put a small magnet with the letter of the week by what we will be eating.  I love it.
 Chris was being cute by reading to his sisters.
Saturday we had a big group date to celebrate Valentine's Day.  We went to a local Italian place for dinner.  It was good.  I had a lobster bisque and salad, Doug had lasagna.  Afterwards we went to an escape room place.  You get locked in a room with some clues of how to escape.  Our room was a time travel theme.  There were three rooms and we had to find one item in each room to fix our broken time machine to return back to present day.  It was a ton of fun, I can't wait to go back and try another room.  We got the second best time ever escaping.  We had to solve puzzles, decode things, find hidden pieces, and figure out patterns to complete the room.  We stopped at sonic for a shake afterwards.  It was a fun evening! I wish I would have taken a picture.

No comments: