Sunday I made a few finger foods for our dinner. The kids loved it, they said they wanted it all the time. I just had some tater tots, jell-o jigglers, carrots, cream cheese/ham roll-ups, chips and queso, cherry tomatoes, and these new hamburger bites. They were quite tasty. They have a tater-tot shell filled with hamburger, cheese, and sauce.
We watched the super bowl and put the girls to bed. Damon and Tyler watched the end. Chris kept sneaking out of his room. It was a crazy ending and an exciting game to watch.
All the kids had dentist appointments this week. Chris had the hardest time, but everyone did well and no cavities. Jenna had some dark spots, but they just put some sealant on it and we will keep an eye on them. They all got to pick out a doughnut afterwards - since there is a little bakery next door. :)
Other things I did this week: book group on Red Rising. It is a Hunger Games type book. I liked it OK, interesting enough story line, but a bit violent and crude for my taste. I got the van inspected, had a meeting for Blue and Gold coming up, ordered some books from an online Usborne party, and went to a meeting for Damon going to Jr. High. That was pretty crazy to think about. Damon will have 7 classes next year and he gets to pick a few electives. They have some fun ones so I hope Damon will get some of his first choices. Damon also earned Tenderfoot at his Court of Honor. It was the same night as his school meeting, but I was able to leave the school quickly and make it to the Court of Honor just a bit late.
Saturday I took all of the kids to football so Doug could get some stuff done at home. It was crazy hot - I was sweating so much. It's hard trying to keep everyone happy and fed and try to watch games and carry all of our stuff - but we did it. Here is Damon's team.
At least this week it was at a different field and they had a playground to play at.
Just as a memory these bugs are called Mosquito Hawks. I'm holding a regular clothespin next to it so you can see how big the leg span is. They fly in at night, drawn to the light. We catch them and send them back outside. They eat mosquitoes, so we try not to kill them. I was so scared of them the first time I saw one - but now they don't bother me. Guess I'm getting used to Texas a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment