First week of April, the kids did pretty well for conference. We did our lunch by listening for words and then eating the associated item with that word. The kids like it and we get to eat so it's a win-win. I laminated cards with the words so we could use them each year, but I made them too big, so I'm thinking about cutting them and putting them on popsicle sticks for next conference.
Monday I went to the elementary school to get the girls registered for Kindergarten, CRAZY! I can't believe that they will be going to school in just a few more months. They are so excited and will do great. I didn't have time to do the online part there, the computers were being extremely slow. So I just turned in my paperwork and then did the online part at home later.
I went to the dentist after that. My teeth have been doing pretty good lately. There are a couple of spots they are watching, but everything looked good. :) I went to the grocery store really quick after that before I picked the girls up from preschool.
Later we went to Damon's school to support him on his good grades. He has had to work a bit harder in English this year, so I've been proud of him to see him be responsible and do well in school. He got all A's and received good citizenship.
We had the missionaries over for dinner so that kept me busy in the kitchen. I made a new Tuscana soup that I really liked and the kids thought it was ok. I made bread sticks and had a fruit and green salad too.
Tuesday Chris went to the eye doctor for his first eye exam. He did well and we confirmed that Chris will be needing glasses. He said we could wait a bit if we wanted. I figured we would go through the summer and then get them a few weeks before school starts. Chris wasn't thrilled at the idea of wearing glasses, but hopefully it will grow on him.
I had book group in the evening. We discussed the Orphan Keeper. It was a great book and we had a good discussion.
Wednesday it was Tyler's turn to go to the doctor. He is growing fine and is in the higher percentiles in height. He had to miss part of his benchmark test in math, but he told me he was able to finish it later and it wasn't a big deal.
Thursday I had a visiting teaching interview in the morning. This ward just has you pull up in your car and one of the RS presidency joins you in your car and gives the kids a fruit snack and the mom gets a water and a small treat. We talk a bit and then you go on your way. Easy peasy. I watched Morgan that morning so she was in the car with my girls. They all had fun making a fort when we got back home.
That evening Damon had his choir concert. They performed songs from movies and everyone was supposed to dress up like a character. Glad we could use our hobbit costume again. They did a great job. Damon liked the new song from Moana: You're Welcome. They also sang, Colors of the Wind, I'll Make a Man out of You, Under the Sea, and Be Our Guest. They had a huge choir - just 7th grade, but still over a hundred kids.
Friday the girls had their dance class and then we went to play group. We went to a new park this time. It was a great find. Lots of trees and some fun equipment. It had a little skate park that the kids liked playing around on. They used the large cement ramps as slides. Glad they weren't wearing their nicest clothes.
That evening we borrowed Moana from a friend and watched it for the first time. It was such a cute show, I loved it. And now we are singing all the songs. Doug went to Guys Game Night while we watched the movie I'm glad he goes and socializes with some of the other dads in the ward. He's not as much of a 'gamer' as some of the others, but I think he still has a good time.
Saturday we got up and went to the Battleship Texas State Park. We had been once before as a family, but they love pretending to shoot the big guns and Damon needed to go to a historical monument for a scouting merit badge.
Doug and Damon took the truck to get the tires rotated in the afternoon and I took the rest of the kids to the park. They were having a Concert at the Park so we went over to listen to the music. We also climbed the rock wall, went on a pony ride, and bounced on some inflatables. The kids were tired from the Battleship and didn't really want to go, but I talked them into it and we all had a good time. It was a hot day so I'm glad that we weren't there for too long. Then it was dinner, baths, and bed.

1 comment:
That's funny you did The Orphan Keeper. I went to Book Club last night and we discussed that as well. :)
My kids LOVE Moana. On our trip down to Disneyland I decided to get a few Disney soundtracks. I got the soundtrack for Moana (and a few others) and ALL Beckett wanted to do was listen to Moana. Each time we got in the car he would ask for it and cried piteously if we tried to listen to anything else. :)
Post a Comment