Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Easter April 16-22

Easter Sunday

The morning started early, so I had time to get ready, make breakfast, and find Easter baskets.  It was a pretty low key day.  We were so worn out from the weekend that I decided that I was going to make Easter dinner on Monday.  So we had pancakes for dinner.  It made the day so nice that I didn't have to be in the kitchen the whole time.  We spent time together as a family and made some phone calls to extended family.  

The kids enjoyed their Easter baskets.  The cool new thing was a balloon helicopter.  There was a balloon attached to a propeller, so that when you let the air out of the balloon it would fly into the air.  Some worked better than others.  Of course they attached a noise maker - so it whistled as it flew.  Fun, buy annoying at the same time.  





 I had found these skirts for the girls years ago and I think they are so cute.  I had the hardest time finding shirts to go with.  I found some white collared blouses but the girls refused to wear them.  So they wore just some t-shirts that sort of matched.  They didn't look like the typical Easter dresses, but oh well.  I'll still need to find some other shirts to go with I guess.

 The bows turned out cute - the headbands didn't stay in well so we ended up pulling their hair up and putting the bow by the elastic.

 Damon saw this recipe in the Friend so we tried it.  I think I had made these in college or sometime long ago.  The hollow center where the marshmallow had been symbolizes the empty tomb.
 Doug is good to spend some one-on-one time with the kids.  It was Jenna's turn and they made a tower taller than Jenna!
 The rest of the week was busy with normal things: grocery shopping, visiting teaching, and errands.  My friend had a birthday this week and I baked a lava cake for her.  I still don't own any custard cups so I tried them in some cereal bowls.  It didn't work as well and there wasn't any lava in the lava cakes.  Oh well, the cake still tasted good.

Friday we had dance and playgroup like normal.  We went to our splash pad which was fun.  It was a little breezy so the kids were cold at times, but it was a nice day.  When Damon got home we got him ready for his camp out.  The 11 yr olds were going camping near Lake Conroe.  This was Damon's first time camping without family.  He was nervous and said he didn't want to go, but once he was with his friends he was fine and I think he had a good time.  He said he didn't sleep well, but I think that was mostly because it was so hot.

Later that evening Doug and I went out to dinner with my friend to celebrate her birthday with some friends.  It was her 40th so her husband had set it up.  We went to a Mexican place.  It was good.  Then we went back to their house to play games.  We played Apples to Apples and then played some basketball outside.  I won the game of lightning with just the girls playing.  It was lucky, but fun.  Another couple joined late and we played Apples to Apples again.  It was a fun night.  Since Damon was gone we had to get a baby sitter.  I kind of missed having Damon around.  He does a better job of picking up than this YW did.

Saturday we all got up early and went to the Church ball championship.  Doug and our ward played pretty well, but got off to a rocky start and were never able to pull themselves out.  So they came in 2nd but they had a fun season.  Doug said it was the best group of men that he's played with.

We cleaned house and did normal Saturday stuff and Damon came home.  Chris and I went over to Walmart to look at glasses.  He can tell that things are blurry and wants to get his glasses now.  We found a pair he likes but our Dr's office is closed on Saturday so I'll have to get the prescription faxed over on Monday and get them ordered.  Damon had a birthday party in the evening and the rest of us chilled at home.

No comments: