Pretty normal, but busy week - seems like I'm always busy. But now looking back I can't remember what I was busy with.
Sunday I wore a new outfit that I found at Ross. I like finding cute things for cheap!
Monday was my dad's birthday so the kids colored or drew pictures to email to him.
Tyler's
Damon wrote a note with pictures on Google Docs.
Tuesday I got my hair cut and highlighted. It was quite a bit lighter than I wanted to go, but oh well, it will fade a bit and grow out.
Wednesday I spent preschool time making this cake that was for a baby shower. It was fun to do. I still wish I knew how to get the sides of cake perfectly flat. Mine always squish out. This was a three layer cake - a first for me. It was a lot of cake. I used some new recipes from the cake doctor recipe book I got for my birthday. You use a cake mix and just add stuff to it. The lemon was really good.
Thursday we went to the baby shower. It was fun to visit and see lots of cute girl things. My friend was in charge and went over early to help set up and we stayed to clean up after too. So that took my whole morning. We ran to the store quick before heading out to visiting teaching. Then we picked up the boys from school. Then Doug and I went to my hairdresser's to have Doug's hair cut and I wanted to watch and learn. He wanted to try the 'fade' look. It looks good on him but it also looked really hard to do. So he may just have to keep going to someone else if he wants to keep this style.


After that we had dinner quick then we all went to the church for our youth activities. Tyler had pack meeting, Doug was helping with the scouts, I was asked to do a hair demonstration for the Beehives. I looked up a couple of new styles online and tried a few on Jenna. It was good to have a reason to get some new ideas. We do the same hair styles almost everyday. Jenna does an 'Elsa' braid (one french braid down the middle) and Kaylee prefers a pony tail.
Friday we didn't make it to dance class because she moved the time back. We went over to a friends for a visiting teaching pool luncheon. So the girls had fun swimming and we had fun visiting. We ordered Panera delivery and had yummy food. I ordered a Chinese Mandarin salad with cashews and it was so good. We had to leave a bit early to get home. I needed to shower and get ready to go.
I dropped the girls off at a friends at 1:30 and then I was off with my friends for TOFW. We stopped by Marshalls and did some quick shopping - literally changing our clothes as fast as possible to make it out in time. I found a T-shirt and a couple of capris - but I need to go back and change the sizes if possible.
Then we drove downtown and ate an early dinner at the Spaghetti Warehouse. I had a salmon and pasta dish that was so good I had to take a picture. I usually don't take pictures of my food, but this one was picture worthy.
We parked for TOFW - grateful that one of our husbands had a parking pass for a lot nearby- then walked to the convention center. David Archeletta was the musical performer for Friday night. It was so fun to hear him sing. He sang "My Little Prayer" which has been one of our recent favorites. It was kind of funny to see him try and sing some more spunky songs and get jammin'. I think the more mellow songs are more his strength.
The speakers were all so good. I took lots of notes. We got back late Friday night, then left early Saturday morning. We tried to go to a quick yard sale before heading down, but they weren't open yet. Saturday was great too. Lunch was a bit crazy. They didn't have a lunch catered like last year so hundred of ladies are looking for food and most of the restaurants nearby are sit down type that take a long time. We tried two places and the wait times were 45-60 min. So we ended up going to Starbucks. The line was long, but doable. So I paid $9 for a sandwich that they warmed up in a toaster oven and $6 for a yogurt. Crazy! But I had to say, both were actually very good - but still a little over priced. The rest of the speakers were excellent. One mother spoke of how her daughter was killed in the school shooting a couple of years ago. It was amazing to hear her spiritual experiences and how she has received help to have healing and hope. It was a great get away, so grateful that Doug was able to let me go. It was a really hard week for him. He had to fill in for some people at work and was doing extra projects. He couldn't come home early on Friday so Damon watched everyone for a bit until Doug made it home. Grateful to have some older children!
The event ended at 4:00 and then we drove home. We had leftovers for dinner and then Doug and I went to the adult session of Stake Conference. (it was a very church day for me - but good) They are adding a new stake to our area. So there are a few changes for us. We have 4 wards in our building now and we meet at 8:30.



1 comment:
Cute outfit! You are so talented! Super cute hair and that cake is ADORABLE! The other day I was talking to my friend about my girls' hair and how worried I was when I went Germany that they would look so terrible when I was gone, and how grateful I was when I came back and you had done their hair! ❤️❤️ Thanks again for being so great!
Post a Comment