Well, life gets busy, I'm way behind in my Blog so you won't get the details of this month, but hopefully pictures say more than words.
This week was the Book Fair. The school had a fun family night where you could come in your pj's and read under the stars. The upset was that it had just rained and so to keep off the wet grass we read in the gym with the lights out. It was still fun. Sue Broadway (the school's namesake) came and read a story to the kids as well. We stopped at the book fair too. The girls had already picked out their books earlier in the week, but Damon chose his book.
Tyler had a Veteran's day choir assembly. They sang some nice songs. The school principal served in the military so Veteran's day is a big deal to the school.
I went to the dentist during the week and will have to have a cavity fixed. They have been watching it for a while, so now I guess it's time to take care of it. Yay.
The missionaries came over to practice teaching the Joseph Smith story. They did a great job.
Friday we went camping. It was the weekend of the Cub Scout outdoor activity and they invite families to camp over the night before if they want to. They had reserved these shelters and it was great to have electricity. Pretty posh camping. It was a cold night for Texas and the shelters has screen windows all the way around, so I think a tent would have actually been warmer, but everyone slept pretty well. I had the worst of it I think because I kept hearing the raccoons outside. I finally got up to take a peek and one of them was reaching a paw into our table-top grill. I tried to grab my phone for a quick picture, but he ran off.
We were glad we had brought our wagon. We have to unload so much stuff and our camp site was a long ways from where you could park your car.
We cooked hamburgers for dinner. It was pretty dark by the time they were done.
Nothing better than s'mores.
The shelters were a great size for us. They just had a ply-wood bottom but it was nice to keep things clean.
We used our jet-boil stove to warm up water for hot chocolate, it worked great. I loved being able to plug in my grill for pancakes.Tyler did his scout activities and the rest of us just visited and played outside. We had to leave early to get to Tyler's basketball and Damon's soccer games. It was a very quick camping trip, but it was still fun.
I made braided crowns for the girls.
Some roasted hot dogs.
Damon had a good game. He continues to improve each year. They won their game, Tyler barely lost his.










No comments:
Post a Comment