The main thing that happened this week was Halloween.
I had a pretty open week which was so nice. I caught up on my blogging and did some organizing and even had time for a nap on Thursday. Damon stayed home sick on Monday, but he was better by Tuesday and managed to catch up quickly on all of his work. I read a lot on Wednesday to finish my book group book: Rebecca. It was a great book.
We still battle with our quarrels at home and we are trying to encourage kindness and patience but sometimes it is so hard. But all in all it was a good week. Enjoy the pictures.
I almost forgot to mention the World Series! The Houston Astros won for the first time ever. People around here were pretty excited. I enjoyed watching some of the final games and we stayed up way to late to watch some of them. We were all a little tired this week because of it. But it was an exciting series and so fun that we won.
Jenna and Kaylee dressed up as Cheerleaders, Tyler was Kylo Ren, Chris was a person (he was going to be spider-man, a shark, Megatron, or a ninja from our costume collection but then he changed his mind at the last minute) and Damon finally got to be Venkman from Ghostbusters.
It's a bunch of eyes, and he even tried to carve: "I'm watching you" at the top. He spent a lot of time on it.
It was a bummer that it was rainy, but the kids were in good spirits. At least it wasn't too cold, just wet. The candy got all wet and we threw away most of the M & M's because of the paper wrapping. We dried out the rest the best we could. We went around with the Shurtliffs.
Saturday was again a sports day. We all went together to Tyler's game. We had to leave at 9:30 so we were a bit rushed as we tried to eat breakfast, do our chores, and make lunches for everyone. Tyler's team did ok, they still struggle with the basics and the team they played have been playing together for 4 years - so yeah they lost, but it was ok.
I dropped Damon, Doug, and Tyler off at soccer and took the younger three to the little Children's Museum. They had a great time. We had our lunch out front on the picnic tables. Chris dropped his applesauce all over his clothes and some got on my shoe, but we survived. It was nice to let the kids be kids and have some fun.
Kaylee built this slide and then had this look when she realized that it was very slow.
Chris played with these blocks just about the whole time.
Jenna and Kaylee love to shop at the grocery store then go to the house to cook something.
They put in a new touch screen check-out, it's fun but makes the process a lot slower.
Digging in the rubber bits.
We are now in November and I am wanting my Christmas shopping to be done. I am mostly done with the girls, but I need ideas for the boys. I don't know what they want. I would like to get my teacher and friend gifts done soon too. Guess I better start working on that.


2 comments:
Your kids all look so cute in their Halloween costumes. I love how into it Damon and Tyler are!!! :)
Fun update! Super sure costumes! I’m also looking forward to being done with Christmas. We have three birthdays before then, so I have to figure those into that too! Hope you have a terrific week!
Post a Comment