Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Red Ribbon Week and Trunk or Treat October 22-28

Well we got to finally celebrate Doug's birthday.  We invited another family over too so that was fun.  We had BBQ chicken, boiled potatoes, green salad, grapes, corn, and rolls.  For dessert Doug wanted to try dutch oven peach cobbler.  It turned out pretty good.  I thought it was going to be runny again, but we just let it sit all during dinner and it was great.  

We had stake conference this Sunday, but then the kids had to go back to church for a primary program practice.  It was actually kind of nice to have a quiet house for an hour and a half while I cooked dinner. 

Doug went to Mexico for a couple of days this week for work.  He had a good time even though he couldn't understand the language very well. :)

 This week was Red Ribbon Week at school.
Monday was wear red, we did that one just fine, just no picture.
Tuesday was 70's theme 

 Damon did a few of themes, I just only took this one picture: crazy hair day.  The other one he did were super hero (wore his batman shirt with a cape).
 At Cox Tyler did Twin day with his friend Caleb, he also did sport team day.
We had nerd day:
And "I'm too cool to do drugs"
 

I forgot to take a picture of the wear black day, but you can imagine it. :)

We had pack meeting this week.  Tyler is doing great in Webelos.
On Monday I took Chris to see an ear doctor.  He had failed on of the hearing tests at the pediatrician, and I wondered if he had some hearing problems.   But nope, he passed just fine, I guess he just has selective hearing like all kids. :)

I went to Kaylee's PTC on Tuesday.  She is also doing great and reading at a mid 1st grade level too.  Her teacher says she is super sweet and a good student, but I already knew that.

Wednesday I went in to help with the pumpkin investigation.  I helped with Kaylee's group.  They had a lot of fun.  We measured, weighed, and carved the pumpkin and counted the seeds, not quite all of them. 


 Doug got home a little bit earlier than expected on Wednesday, it was nice to have him home to help put kids to bed. 

Thursdays I go to institute, we have had some good lessons the last couple of weeks.

Friday I make cupcakes for the trunk or treat in the evening.  The kids were all so excited.  It's always a bit crazy getting everyone ready in their costumes.  We did the Ghostbusters theme.  It was Damon's idea, but then he ended up having to go to a scout camporee so he didn't get to come.  He was quite upset.  A cold front came through this weekend and it was pretty cold for us and windy.  Damon was pretty cold camping.  Made me think we were back in Utah.


 I'm Janine, if you couldn't remember her name. :)
 The kids got lots of candy.  We let them pick out 25 pieces then the rest I use for Halloween night.





 Ghosts with Wonder Woman and Cat face paint.
Here are some pictures of the backpacks we made.  I forgot to take a good before shot.  You can kind of see in this one some of the random things we uses: boxes, erasers, vitamin bottles, milk lids.

The boys had fun doing their own packs, each one is different.  I just helped them glue them one.

 Our PKE meter:
Saturday Damon was gone so we didn't have soccer and Tyler's basketball game was early so it was perfect day to do pumpkins in the afternoon. 





No comments: