Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Busy Weeks - no time for pictures Sept 17-30

Well, looking at my photos for this month made me realize that I need to take more pictures of when we are doing everyday stuff.  There isn't much to post for these two weeks.  We have been busy with normal life.

I've been busy with visiting teaching, helping at the school library, going to institute, cleaning, attending a meeting for cub scout day camp, more helping at the school, and making lots of food to keep my family and neighbors fed.  

Damon finally had a Court of Honor.  He received his Rifle Shooting, Archaeology, Chess, Archery, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Environmental Science, and First Aid merit badges.  He also earned his Second Class rank.  We are in the process of working on the three merit badges that require 3 months of charting.  Damon doesn't love scouts, but he is doing ok with it.  His life is just getting so busy and it's hard to fit it all in.  He got accepted to be in the First Lego League at school so he stays after school two days for that.  He is also going early to school for Chess club once or twice a week.  I'm glad he is getting involved with some extra curricular activities. I went to his school's open house this week and it was good to meet his teachers and get a feel for what he has been doing at school.  


Tyler had a Pack meeting and earned a few adventures as well.  They didn't communicate well and Doug and I didn't realize it was a pack meeting - so we missed that one.  Whoops. 

I had GNO at my house on the 20th.  We had a recipe exchange, but really we just visited and tried some yummy food.  

Doug is good to spend some time with the kids one-on-one.  They love this time with their daddy.  This time Kaylee built a big block tower. 


Friday the 22nd was a great evening.  We went outside with all of the neighbors and enjoyed the somewhat cooler weather.  The kids played 4 square, soccer, and football.  They also rode their bikes around.  All the parents grabbed their camp chairs and we visited.  The younger ones found some sidewalk chalk and decorated our sidewalk and road.  Everyone had a great time.  

Jenna and Kaylee like to play pretend.  Many times it is making forts or making beds for their stuffed animals. 

I do need to say that USU football beat BYU on Friday the 29th.  We don't have the channel to watch, but Doug kept checking the score online.  Go Aggies!

Saturday the 30th was the first day for soccer for Damon.  He had a great game.  He scored a goal and saved a goal being goalie.  He was awarded the MVP for the game.  

Doug has started coaching Tyler's basketball team.  They have had one practice and games will start this coming Saturday.  Damon's and Tyler's games are at the same time most weeks, so I'll get to sweat outside in the heat with Damon while Doug gets to be inside in the gym with Tyler.  :) 

Conference weekend was great.  It was our communities yard sale in the morning.  The boys tried to sell some of their LEGO sets.  No one wanted to pay the prices they were asking.  We'll see if we can sell them on eBay.  I sold some extra presents that I had bought and then changed my mind- so that was good.  I made some muffins and sold 18.  

We listened to both sessions pretty well.  The kids were good to play quietly, coloring or playing with the magnatiles.  I had a lot of dishes to do after all the baking I had been doing.  

Damon was pretty excited to go to the priesthood session with Doug.  They went to Whataburger afterwards with some other guys from the ward.  It was a good experience for him. 
 Right now life seems so full of normal things that I don't have time to do the extra things that I would like to do.  I was hoping that I could get to them with all the kids in school now.  But it still takes time to go to the grocery store, do laundry, clean, and make dinner.  Sigh, oh well, we will get done what we can.  Right now the extra things that I am doing is getting ready for Halloween - Damon wanted to do a Ghostbusters theme - so get ready to see some awesome looking proton packs. :)

No comments: