Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Happy Birthday Doug October 15-21, 2017

It finally has cooled down enough to play outside!  Yay!  It just means lots of mosquito bites and band-aids if we don't want to smell like bug spray.  

 We celebrated Doug's 38th  birthday on Wednesday.  It was a kind of a busy day - he had to coach basketball in the evening so I just made an easier meal on his birthday and planned on making a bigger meal later in the week.  I drove up to the Woodlands and met Doug for lunch at Torchy's.  That was fun.  They have such yummy queso!  Happy Birthday Doug, we love you!  The girls were much more excited for Doug than he was.  They had made him multiple cards weeks in advance.  They are such cuties. I gave Doug a few shirts and water jug for camping and some candy.  His main present were all of the cool tools that he bought last month for Hurricane Harvey. 
 Our first quarter of school is over (crazy).  All of the kids made it on the A honor roll.  Tyler also received the Leader of the Pack award for his class (one boy and one girl for each term).  He was surprised and quite pleased with himself.  No self esteem problems here. :)
 Kaylee got to participate in the Walk of Fame this quarter.  They have to earn star points by doing extra nice things - like helping others without being asked.  The walk through the halls and get high-fives from all the students. 

I was at the school a lot this week - for awards and also for Jenna's PTC.  She is doing great and reading at a mid-1st grade level.  It is so great how much they love to learn and do their school work.  I was also the mystery reader for Kaylee's class this week and then I stayed and helped decorate Jenna's classroom door for Red Ribbon Week.  Then I stayed and ate lunch with the girls and Chris.  
I was supposed to have Kaylee's PTC too this week, but it had to get rescheduled.

I was going to make Doug's nicer meal on Friday, but when I was about to leave a friends house my car battery died.  I was able to get a jump and then I went to AutoZone to check the battery.  At first he said that it looked fine and we thought maybe it was just a bad connection or something.  But I turned the car off and then on again and it wouldn't start again, so I bought a new battery.  Needless to say, I didn't have time to make a big dinner - we decided to shoot for Sunday. I was grateful for friends who picked up the kids from school and watched them so I could take care of the car.  

 We took a quick shot at soccer this week.
 I had this girls with me this week - it was hot but not unbearable.  Kaylee was getting pretty whiny towards the end.  Damon's team is pretty good.  They scored a lot this game.  Damon scored once at the first game, but has played hard during the other games. 

No comments: