Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, October 15, 2017

October 8-14

We have FHE on Sundays usually.  Damon was the lesson this week and he did an excellent job.  He told us that he actually likes giving the lesson and asks to help his siblings when it's their turn - sometimes too much so.  They need their own turn. :)

Chris's two front teeth were so lose this week.  I asked him if I could take his picture (possible for his baptism card that will be coming up soon - crazy) while he still had his teeth in.  He cooperated pretty well and gave me lots of silly faces too!





 Doug went to Chicago for work for a couple of days.

The kids got their allowance for the month and I took them to the store.  The younger ones all bought something.  Jenna bought a small dog Lego set, Chris got a buggy Lego set, and Kaylee finally spent all of the money that she had been saving on this cat that you can feed and then watch it come out the other end. Yes they were all entertained by that detail.  Oh well.  

I had a PTC for Chris this week.  He is doing very well at school.  I was relieved to know that he has good behavior and doesn't blow up at school like he does as home.  He is particular about some things, but he is a good student and is reading well above his grade level.  

I took Damon to an orthodontist for a evaluation - the price quote was $6000 - I was quite in shock at the price tag.  We are going to check with some other places too.  Damon's teeth are not that crooked, so we'll see what we do.  This office is just so convenient, on the way home from school.  

I had a Thrive Life party on Wednesday.  I only had 3 friends come, but it was still fun.  I have received a few shipments now and it has been fun to try some of their foods.  I got some free and half-off products from the party, so that was good.  In the evening we had a baby shower for two sisters in the ward.  Doug had just gotten home from Chicago but he let me go - such a nice husband.  

I helped in the library for Chris's class this week and I was the mystery reader for Jenna's class.  It was a lot of fun to read to her class.  She chose Edwina - the Dinosaur who didn't know she was extinct and a Pete the Cat book. 

 I felt like a good mom this day - Chris asked if we could make gak and we did.  It's the cornstarch and water mixture.  I put in too much water and ended up using almost a whole container of cornstarch, but the kids had fun with it.  As a side note - gak does go bad after a few days of sitting on the counter - wheew it smelled bad.

 They were all amazed at how it would just melt when you let it sit on our hand and then get hard as you molded it.
Doug and I went on a double date to Inspire Rock.  This was something I had wanted to do for a long time.  It's crazy expensive but it was a lot of fun.  We all laughed about how weak our arms are.  Rachel and I outlasted the boys, ha! My forearms and hands/fingers were sore for days afterwards.  


Saturdays still a busy with chores, basketball and soccer.  Chris had a birthday party to be driven back and forth to.  It was at one of those trampoline places. He had a good time. 

This is how Doug feels about doing yard work in October when it's still 80 + degrees outside. 

I pulled one of Chris's front teeth out while Doug was gone - it was quite the ordeal because it bled a lot and it kind of freaked Chris out.  So he really didn't want me to pull the other one out.  Finally it got so wiggly that I only needed to pull a little and it didn't bleed very much.  Now Chris had a very cute holey smile.  Glad I got those pictures last week. :)


No comments: