Chris had a well checkup on Monday and Damon went as well to get a booster shot from a previous vaccine. Chris was glad he didn't have to get a shot. Chris is growing well and is in about the 50th% percentile in weight and height. He is growing very similar to Damon.
I had book club this week and I'm sure a bunch of other things that I just don't remember. It was great to send the kids back to school on Tuesday - I have to say I like my quiet house during the day.
My beautiful Belle - Kaylee.
And Kaylee was dancing.
Chris got crystal aquarium thing for his birthday. I forgot to take a picture when it was completely done, but the kids had fun watching them grow.
I'm cold a lot at home, our house is drafty.
Kaylee was cold too. I guess we should turn the heat up or something.
Thursday Kaylee started not feeling well, she had a slight fever too. She stayed home from school Thursday and Friday. I even took her into the Dr on Friday last minute because I wanted to know if she was contagious with the flu or strep - so we wouldn't give it to other people. Her tests were negative so she seemed to just have a bad cold.
The program was at 2:30 so we had time to clean and do our normal Saturday stuff in the morning. Then after lunch we went over early to set up, practice our song, and take some pictures.
The baptism program went very well. On a table I had some pieces paper out for friends to write Chris a note that I put in a little book, along with some pictures of Chris. We sang the rainbow baptism song and I Am a Child of God. Chris asked his old primary teacher to give the talk on baptism. We sang "I will be what I believe" and I bore my testimony and lead some singing while Doug and Chris changed their clothes. Damon gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, and the bishop had a fun visual lesson during his closing remarks. The kids helped make noise so that Chris could't hear the still small voice of the Holy Ghost. The program went well, however the girls started not feeling well and Kaylee didn't sing at all for our song. Kaylee had a fever in the morning and I had forgotten to give her some medicine before we left. Then Jenna started running a fever while we were there. Afterwards they just sat on their chairs asking to go home, I felt so bad for them.
Afterwards we had some refreshments. My friend and visiting teacher helped me with the food for the baptism. She made chocolate chip cookies and a veggie tray. I made molasses sugar cookies and a fruit tray. It was perfect. We had a lot of support from the ward since none of our family could be there. Lots of Chris's friends came too. He invited his teachers and some friends from school, but they didn't come.
Chris said he felt warm and good inside even though the water was cold (it had been filled in the morning and had just been sitting for hours). We are so proud of Chris for making this important decision. It was a great day.
In the evening we had a pizza mishap. The box said to put the pizza right on the rack, well, it just got a soggy bottom and basically just fell through the rack. We managed to save most of it and finished cooking it on a pan. Live and learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment