Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day so we went with about half of the ward to the Aquarium. It was great weather compared to what we had been having. It was a bit cool, especially in the morning, but by the afternoon with the sun out it was beautiful. The kids enjoyed the fish and exhibits and of course the white tiger. No one was brave enough to touch the manta rays except me. Damon and Tyler had fun going around with their buddies. It was nice to go with friends so that we could all help each other out. Chris and the girls stayed with me for the most part and we eventually got the girls to go on the bigger drop ride. They loved it! I enjoyed it too, it made me giggle. But after a few times especially after lunch I was done. :)
They only have some basic rides at the aquarium, but they are perfect for my family. A carousel, a Ferris Wheel, a kiddie drop ride, and a bigger drop ride. They have a train ride too, but it was closed. :(
We were all tired by the end, but it was a great trip.
The rest of the week was not so great. It was the week of being sick. Jenna and Kaylee had been sick with fevers over the weekend, but as long they had some medicine they were doing ok. Chris started to get sick on Monday night. Tuesday morning I got a call from the Dr. office saying that Kaylee's culture from last week came back positive for strep throat - so she had had it all along and now had probably passed it around to everyone - uggh!. Anyway, I took Chris and Jenna and Kaylee into the Dr to get them tested. Jenna was positive for the flu and strep throat, and Chris just had the flu. So we stocked up on Gatorade and Tylenol and ibuprofen and I got some antibiotics for Jenna and Kaylee. The other bummer is that Doug was out of town this week. He went to Charlotte for work. So I got to take care of a sick family all by myself. sigh, oh well.
Then on Wednesday, I started feeling sick. Of course right! So we all just bummed around and were sick together. My awesome friends brought our family chicken noodle soup and rolls one of the evenings - it was so good. Too bad my kids were picky about it.
The other amazing thing was that school was canceled on Tuesday and Wednesday for winter weather conditions - yep it was going to be below freezing with chance of snow and icy roads. It makes all of us from Utah smile. As you can see we did get a skiff of snow and the roads did get a bit icy, but ya know - don't think you needed to close down the school. Even some businesses closed down so their workers didn't have to drive on the roads. But it was nice for us because then our sick kids didn't have to miss as much school anyway.
Thursday Damon started feeling sick, so he missed school Thursday and Friday. Tyler was the only one to go to school on Thursday. Jenna and Kaylee were feeling better by Friday so that was good since Jenna had earned Hall of Fame. She was quite excited to run through the halls. Chris and Damon stayed home Friday.
Doug got home on Friday and I put him right to work. I was still feeling terrible. I had warmed up a shepherd's pie but he was able to get home and feed the kids. I missed going to Girls Night Out, which I was totally bummed about, but I got to rest a lot and read a lot of books. I read two books while I was sick: Small Great Things, and Radium Girls.
Saturday I was able to function a bit and helped clean the house. Tyler started football and Doug took him. He had a great game and caught 3 touchdown passes. Tyler was on cloud 9.
It was a very long week, but by the end things were looking better. Tired of sick kids though. I really tried to keep the sick ones away from Damon and Tyler - I made them stay upstairs and even took their meals up there so they weren't in the kitchen. It worked for Tyler, but not for Damon. But I was very glad that Tyler and Doug stayed healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment