Sunday - We had a very nice fast and testimony meeting, the spirit was very strong. My lesson went pretty well, the kids weren't too chatty.
Monday - I was gathering up a prop I needed for Tyler's costume when I received a text from my piano tuner. (I had been asking him for advice on buying used pianos) He told me that he was tuning a piano and that the family was going to sell it. He said it was in great condition and that it was a good deal. I was so excited! I had been looking a lot for the past 2 weeks and hadn't been able to find a nice piano in the price range we were hoping for. So I called the lady who was selling and it and made plans to go look at it that day. I had to hurry and go grocery shopping, and then after I put the food away and drove up to her house (50 min away).
The piano looked so nice. It was older, 1975, but in really good shape. There was some fading on the front of the keys, but the ivory was still great and it sounded so nice. It was a Yamaha which was an extra plus since I know that they are usually very nice pianos. Anyway, I stayed and visited with her for a while and told her that I would like to buy it. I had stopped by Wells Fargo before I left so I had some cash on hand. She wrote me a reciept and I told her I would arrange for some movers to come pick it up during the week. I was so excited to have found a good piano!! I drove back home and had a few minutes to spare before I had to pick up the kids.
On Mondays I've been helping my friend with a show that she is putting on: "Lemonade." It is a cute show. So I always have dinner in the over or in a crock pot so that Damon can help get that started before I get home. We had to be quick this time because Tyler had his Wax Museum project in the evening. In 5th grade the students choose a person to do some research on and they write a report. Then they make a poster at home and dress up like them and pose for the evening while family walks around the walls looking at all of the historical figures. It is pretty fun. Tyler said he got pretty bored just sitting there, but he made a very nice Theodore Roosevelt. He was just fine picking the same person as Damon so we could use the costume again. Thank you Tyler!
Tuesday - I was a little selfish and went to see The Greatest Showman again. I just loved it and really wanted to see it in the theater again. I was a little disappointed that the sound didn't seem as good the second time. The probably just had it turned down since it was a matinee, but I still enjoyed the show.
We had the pinewood derby Tuesday evening. This was Chris's first one and he was pretty excited about it. We tried to tell Tyler and Chris to not get their hopes up too much since some of the dads in the ward really spend some time on their cars and we don't. The bummer about the night was the track. Doug had gone over the night before to help set it up and they couldn't get the computer part of it working. They thought they just needed the cars to get it to work, well it still wasn't working. They finally got some help and figured it out, but it took 45 minutes. We didn't start racing until 7:50. It was a good thing we didn't have too many cars and so we were done about 8:15 - they were good and keeping the races going. Tyler was pretty sad that his car didn't do very well. His car just kept shaking back and forth hitting the track. Chris did ok, but not great. Chris ended up getting 3rd in his den (but I think there are only 4/5 boys in his den) and Tyler didn't place. He was pretty sad since this was his last time, but oh well - he did like the look of his car so that was good.
Wednesday - I went shopping with my friend Kari to celebrate her birthday. We went to Ross and spent all of our time there. I was determined not to buy too much since we had spent a lot on the piano and tires for the truck and van, but the problem was that I kept finding the things that I had been looking for for the past few weeks. So I ended up getting a new purse, sunglasses, work-out leggings and a tie for Doug. I also bought a new shirt just for fun. I felt kind of guilty afterwards, but really I would have bought these things anyway, I just happened to find all the ones I wanted at the same time. Kind of good and bad at the same time.
Wednesday afternoons are kind of busy now. Tyler has started taking real piano lessons and the teacher lives 25 minutes away. So this week I had Tyler ride his bike to a meeting point and I drive from there to take him. The traffic is so bad that we really have to hustle to make it in time. I love his teacher, we are doing the Suzuki method, along with regular music reading. Tyler and I have both learned so much already. I'm excited to watch Tyler grow and become a great musician.
Doug took Damon to soccer in the evening and I had book club after the kids went to bed.
Thursday and Friday were a little bit easier - nothing going on in the evenings. I had been talking to moving companies on Tuesday and Wednesday and picked one to have it delivered on Thursday. So that afternoon it was delivered. I was afraid that they would come while I was picking up the kids from school, but we got home right as they were pulling up. It looks so pretty and everyone is having fun playing it. I got out some of my old piano books and played through some of my songs. It brought back a lot of memories.
Out with the old: bought on craigslist in Vernal
In with the new!
Friday I helped in the library at school and then the kids got out early for Spring Break. We went to a park and enjoyed the great weather. It isn't too hot yet, but it is coming. So we have to take advantage while we can.
Saturday we cleaned and Doug took Tyler to football. They lost and Tyler didn't play very well. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and do better next week. Doug and Tyler picked up some flowers and mulch on the way home. That will be our project on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment