Monday I was in a lot of pain. I had Doug give me priesthood blessing and I went back to bed after the kids left for school. I felt better when I work up. Grateful for tender mercies.
Thursday Tyler had his 5th Grade Spring Choir Concert. They did a great job. We really like his choir teachers, they pick great songs and the kids seem to enjoy singing.
Friday the 2nd grade got to participate in the Color Run. They sprinkle colored powdered at the kids as they run by. Chris had very blue bath water when he got cleaned up.
Saturday was busy. We left early to participate in a 5K run/walk for cancer. One of Doug's coworkers is a survivor and his work helps sponsor this event. Damon didn't come because he was helping with the scout fundraiser of aerating lawns. We all made it the whole 5K, the girls too. They were tired, but we listened to music and encouraged them along the way. It was great to cross the finish line with a drum line and the Chick-fil-a Cow welcoming us.
Doug then went to help the scouts with the fundraiser and the rest of us had a full sports day. We had originally planned to drop Damon off at soccer and then go to the mall, but Tyler wanted to watch Damon's game and then there wasn't enough time to go after that. So we just all watched Damon's game, then went to watch Tyler's 2 football games. It was his last day of the season and they needed to make up a game due to all of the rain cancellations. Damon does pretty well at soccer, he just needs to be more aggressive. Tyler did well his first game and caught a great pass and ran it in for a touchdown, they won that game. They did pretty well the second game but just couldn't catch up and ended up losing. Tyler enjoyed the season.
The kids did a great job all afternoon/evening watching, playing, and coloring. We ate packed dinners while watching Tyler's last game. I was so grateful for the great weather. It was cloudy and not too hot. We were all tired by the end though. I had promised them ice cream at McDonald's afterwards, but then when we got there they were remodeling inside. So we decided to just have some at home.
Then Doug and I quickly got the kids to bed and went over to the Miller's for game night. We got a call from Damon a bit later saying the Kaylee was crying so we had to go home a bit early. She was complaining of an ear ache - but she was fine in the morning which was good.
Long busy day!


No comments:
Post a Comment