So here is what the boys have been up to. Damon and Tyler have been learning to ride their bikes, yes Damon is 7 years old and has not had the desire to learn. We actually had to bribe him to learn now. But anyway, it took him about 2 weeks (not every day) to get enough practice in to ride by himself. Tyler is very close, we still have to get him started, but then he can go off by himself for a bit. Doug got a good work out through all of this, it takes a lot of effort to hold that bike up while running to the side. I couldn't do it for very long.
Christopher's cute thing right now is playing hide and seek, while I am feeding the girls on the couch. I am just sitting, but I count to 10 and say "ready or not, here I come." Chris is just hiding in the corner under pillows and blankets by the couch. I say: "hmm, where did Chris go?" and he will pop his head up and I'll say "there you are." He just laughs and laughs and says "hide and seek again?" Then we do it all over again. He would do this forever.
The boys of course are forever playing with Legos, they go between Ninjagos, Star Wars and Harry Potter, whatever their mood is that day. They are both enjoying school and are ahead in their classes. I am really impressed with Tyler's reading ability. He really learned a lot of words from listening to Damon last year, so he is already reading at almost a 1st grade reading level.
Chris is cute, but he is also a classic 2 year old. He pulls some great fits and will say when he is grumpy "go to my room" because he knows that is where he goes when he is in trouble. The annoying thing is that when he is out and just being sad he will say "go to my room" over and over, then he'll say "no, be happy" meaning he will be happy so he can stay out. Anyway, it gets old, but we love him anyway. He is really in Toy Story right now and Cars like always. He likes to pretend to be Buzz and jump of the couch saying: "To infinity and beyond." Damon did the same thing.
Whenever I take pictures of the girls in their outfits Chris has to have one taken of him, these are some of those shots.
Decorating Pumpkin cookies
Too many sprinkles!!!
1 comment:
VERY fun post. Your boys are sure fun. I loved the story about Chris and hide and seek.
I'm really jealous of Tyler's reading ability. I am SO SO unimpressed with Claire's kindergarten. She can read some words, but I am yet to see a book come home for her to read. She could be reading and it makes me mad that she's talking about colors and letters and numbers. I just don't have books on the kindergarten reading level or I'd teach her myself.
Post a Comment