Food: They are eating a mix of real food and baby food. They eat sandwiches, cheese, yogurt, applesauce, cheerios, crackers, bread, and blended up leftovers :) They really like green beans. They can drink by themselves with a sippy now so that is great, but they still like a bottle in the morning, after nap, and before bed.
Play: The both like to swing, Kaylee a bit more than Jenna. Kaylee likes to kick in the tub and frequently splashes and kicks her sister. They both like it when we roll a ball to them and sing songs. They can do the actions to "See the ball for baby." So that is fun to watch.
Jenna started pulling up and standing to things the first part of June and now Kaylee is starting to a month later. Jenna likes to be walked around and has balanced standing up for a few seconds on her own. They both crawl super fast and bolt to the door to see if they can make it out side. Kaylee will crawl anywhere, grass or cement and got the tops of her feet pretty sore from doing so. Jenna is more careful and would walk Mogli style on her hands and feet to not hurt her knees. She has however worn out the knees in her pajamas.
We have done lots of picnics this summer, it was easier when the girls stayed on the blanket, but now they will go anywhere. They really need to learn how to walk so they don't hurt their knees or wear out their clothes.
The girls love playing with everyone's waterbottles. I keep a bag with our water ready for park trips and t-ball practices. They pull out all the bottles and try to drink them - I make sure they are closed or we would be doing a lot of mopping.
I love our double stoller, it has great cup and snack holders and a great basket down below. The girls spend a lot of time in it, so it is nice to have. Trips to the store mean Tyler or Damon pushing the girls while I push the shopping cart.
The girls are so much fun and I love how they are communicating now. Jenna likes to say ma ma and Kaylee says da da. They can parrot simple sounds pretty well - oh yeah, and mmmm. Jenna signs milk now to ask for a drink and she signs please a lot too. Kaylee signs thank you, more, and milk sometimes. They can blow kisses and wave, play peek-a-boo and clap their hands and say yay! They will say hi sometimes and give high-fives too.
I love the interaction. I love to sit down on the floor and see both of them come crawling toward be with big smiles and have them crawl all over me for some attention and play time. I wish I had more time to spend quality time with them. I know I need to be reading more with them and helping them to practice walking, but I can only do some much in one day. They are such good girls to just find toys to play with - cars and Star Wars figures a lot of the time. We did get some Little People in our toy basket so they play with those too.
They love their brothers and Tyler loves to make funny faces at them. Jenna will climb on Damon's stomach when he is laying down and bounce up and down on him. The boys are good helpers and can help me carry the girls upstairs or keep them happy if I need them too.
We are so glad to have Jenna and Kaylee in our family. We love you girls!
1 comment:
They are too cute and it sounds like they are doing great!
Post a Comment