Thursday I got up early and went to the Logan temple, it had been awhile I'm sorry to say, so I was glad that I could go while mom watched the kids. I stopped by Deseret Book and the DI on my way home and had a great time shopping. I found some good things for the kids for Easter at D.B. and some fun finds at the D.I. I love getting sunday shoes and board games there. I found some black shoes for the girls; a dress, pants, and shoes for me; and some board games for the family. We went home and played one called Splat. It was missing a few things, but we made due. The boys loved it because you get you 'splat' your bugs that you make out of play doh.
Mom was great to watch all the kids while I was gone, thanks mom!
Thursday afternoon was filled with a quick sudden decision to go canoeing - I stayed home with the girls.
Mom took Damon and Tyler to the Nibley Theatre play in the evening. It was a busy day and Tyler was very tired by the time they got home.
Friday we left for SLC. We stopped by a park in Layton and met up with some more of my friends. Cheri is my good friend from working in the bakery at Lee's and Taryn is my good friend from growing up. It was fun to catch up and see them and their kids. Thanks for taking our picture Damon.
We got to Eric and Dori's house in the afternoon - I almost got lost getting there, just took the wrong exit. My boys love their cousin Alex. He is getting older now and doesn't think playing with his younger cousins is very cool anymore, but they still had a good time. They have a Star Wars game on the X box that they like to play.
Dori handled all of my kids and hers and let me go pick up Doug from the airport and go out to dinner. We met up with my cousin Jennifer and her new husband Shane. It was a quick dinner since we needed to get back to help with kids and they had an appointment to look at a house, but it was good to see them and visit for a bit. We went to a Greek place, it was good and fun to try something different than our normal chicken/steak and potatoes.
The trick on the way home was fitting everything into the van. I had
bought stuff and then taken some of my old toys home to give to the
girls and Dori gave us some of their Little People toys as well. Doug
worked some magic so we could fit everything.
We left for home Saturday morning and made it back in Firestone around 6:00. It took a bit longer going back - a few more stops. The kids weren't as good - the girls were not very happy during some of the way, but we made it. It was a fun trip and great to see so many friends and family members. Good to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment