Here are some pictures of the girls, I hadn't taken any for awhile so I figured I needed to document what they have been doing. They have learned to go down the stairs now, but I still watch them. They have both fallen down - Kaylee hit pretty hard, but I was able to catch Jenna the other day.
Jenna - She is a walker and almost a runner. She can get along pretty quickly now. She is a good eater most of the time and signs a lot. She can do: eat, milk, more, crackers, please, thank you, car, plane, mom, dad, banana, cookie, cheese, book, boat, wash hands, fish, book, bath and probably some other I can't think of. Most of the time she is just copying you, but she will come up to me and sign cracker when she wants one. She uses the sign for milk more for "give me something." Both girls really like "The Wheels on the Bus" song right now. They like to do the hand actions. Jenna will start flipping her fists for when the babies go wah wah wah, and I know she wants me to sing it.
Kaylee - She is getting better at walking - she starting wanting to take a few steps around the end of August and now she can go a few feet before falling. She can stand up on her own and take a few steps too. She just doesn't have the drive that Jenna had to really get going- she is pretty content to crawl and her pants show it. She had now worn a hole in her new pajamas. She had already worn a big hole in her old pajamas and in her capris which I cut off and sewed into shorts. But she is a cutie and is so happy and smiley. She tries to talk more than Jenna and doesn't sign as much, but will say thank you and please. Kaylee went through a phase where she really liked to move her tongue from side to side outside of her mouth and say ahhh at the same time. She thought that made a cool noise. Kaylee likes to bug Jenna more - if she is grumpy in the stroller she will slap Jenna or try to grab her arm. They both like to take out each other's bows or flowers - so doing hair is quite a challenge.
They are both such good girls, I love it when the both come up to me when I am sitting and give me hugs so I have one on each shoulders. They give each other hugs sometimes- which to them is putting their head by the others head and saying mmmm - we need to work on the arm part. They blow kisses to me when I put them down for naps and bedtime. They still cry a bit when going down, but settle down pretty quickly. We still let them have binkies sometimes - it's just different with two when you need them to not wake the other one up.
It is fun having twins, but hard too. It is harder for them to takes turns being held by mom, or taking turns with a toy. I am glad they will have each other to play with (and fight with) as they get older.
Enjoy the pictures:
 |
| long hair |
 |
| They love to bounce on the couch |
 |
| Jenna |
 |
| Tried a new hair-do, probably won't do it again for awhile. Jenna held still well, but Kaylee was terrible |
 |
| Jenna |
 |
| Kaylee |
 |
| Kaylee had a big bruise on her chin from falling down the stairs |
 |
| Jenna tried to say cheese |
 |
| First steps - Kaylee |
 |
| Chocolate Chip Cookies! yum! Jenna |
 |
| Kaylee wasn't as messy |
 |
My friend is letting me borrow some clothes, these dresses were cute though Kaylee's face is not :)
The flowers did not last long. |
2 comments:
The girls really enjoyed seeing the pictures of the twins. They asked a million questions about them! I can't believe they as so big! They are sure cute! I always enjoy your posts.
Very sweet!! I love those pictures. That was a fun post to read.
And as for the binky thing... don't sweat it at all. I think every family is different and every baby is different and parents are entitled to do what they want. :)
Dee still has a binky (sadly), I'm just afraid to take it away because I worry she'll start sucking on her finger like her brother and sister. I might be inevitable though...
Post a Comment