Thanksgiving morning we helped get things ready at the Petersen's. We had 5 big tables set up downstairs and about 30 chairs. It was great to see all of the family and the kids loved playing with their cousins. I wish we lived closer so they could see them more often. It was great having lots of help from my girl nieces to take care of Jenna and Kaylee. I didn't have to watch them all day! Lunch was great with lots of yummy food.
I forgot to try and set the girls up together for a photo op, but you can see that they looked super cute for the holiday. They even kept their hair-bow in for almost the whole day - it was amazing!After lunch there was visiting and some games played - thanks to Dori for always getting people going.
Of course there was napping and electronic devise usage too.
Hats off to Wendy and Chad who did practically all of the dishes - I offered to help, but they said they were on top of it.
I had given the girls a nap early - before everyone came for lunch and I was glad I did since they didn't really get a chance for the rest of the day. In the afternoon around 4 we went over to my Aunt Jill's house and saw some of the Datwyler family that was there. They have a Jeep Power Wheel, so the boys had fun with that.
Friday:We spent Thursday night at my parents so that I could go shopping with mom on Black Friday. We left around 6:00 am and went to Kohls. We got most of our shopping done there with great finds and hardly any lines. We also stopped at Shopko, Kitchen Kneads, and Campsaver where mom and I both got some snow boots - mine had fallen apart the week before so I was glad that I could get some new ones. We had lunch at Rumbi Grill. I had never eaten there before and I loved it. We then went back to Smithfield, Doug had been great to watch the kids so that I could have a great day with my mom. Then Doug and I went to the the Temple to do an endowment session. I hadn't seen the new film yet, so it was great to see it. Very morning and emotional. We had dinner with my parents then went back to the Petersen's for baths and bed.
Saturday:
We had the Petersen Christmas party early so we could be there - thanks everyone for accommodating us. We met for a quick lunch then went on a family history tour of Doug's parents on where they lived growing up. We went into Logan, up on campus, north to Lewiston, and then west to Cornish. It was interesting to see where Mike and Arlene grew up and where they met. I was glad to learn some more of our family history. (Again the girls napped early and then I tried to put them down in the afternoon when we got back from the driving - but they didn't sleep. They ended up taking a quick nap around 7 during our program which ended up being very nice).
playing at Grandma's
The boys helped put up the basement tree too.
We had all the cousins line up - we were missing the Eric Petersen family because they were getting their talent ready. Jenna and Kaylee are numbers 24 and 25.
We had a great program from everyone. We all did a talent of some sort. We had yo-yoing, soccer kicks, singing, dancing, and Once There Was a Snowman performed. It was so much fun. I hope we make it a family tradition. I took video of it all, but no still shots.
Of course the kids love the gift exchange. Tyler got a Skylanders figure. Damon got a cool Chima Lego set, and Chris got a TMNT dress up mask and nun-chucks and a puzzle. The girls got some dress-up things. Thanks cousins!
They had just woken up :).
It was a great week, plenty busy but so fun to be with family.
We left Sunday morning again and only made one stop in Rock Springs - at our favorite place on campus with dinosaur skeletons (Thanks Brian and Taryn for taking us there once, now we stop there frequently to eat our lunch). We made it home in record time even with the crazy wind. Thanks Doug for doing all the driving. The kids were pretty good - we listened to Indian in the Cupboard and watched a few movies.
Of course it's always nice to be home and sleep in your own bed, even though it means a ton a laundry to do the next day :).
It was a great Thanksgiving and I am so thankful for my family!


No comments:
Post a Comment